before i pull the trigger...
Mar 7, 2010 at 5:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mastapro

100+ Head-Fier
on these ATH-m50s.. i just wanna be absolutely sure this is the right headphone for me. i will use it on my laptop and ipod. i am a listener of mainly rap/hiphop/techno. the most expensive headphones i've ever owned are the H150's ($30). also, when i demoed Dr. Dre beats and bose headphones at bestbuy, i liked the sound quality. so should i pull the trigger?

PS: is there any other better deal than the $105 on ebay?

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mastapro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
on these ATH-m50s.. i just wanna be absolutely sure this is the right headphone for me. i will use it on my laptop and ipod. i am a listener of mainly rap/hiphop/techno. the most expensive headphones i've ever owned are the H150's ($30). also, when i demoed Dr. Dre beats and bose headphones at bestbuy, i liked the sound quality. so should i pull the trigger?

PS: is there any other better deal than the $105 on ebay?

Honestly, on every track the rattle made my head hurt. Me, I'm searching also but I am going with something that doesn't sound like what you hear at the red light from the kids in the car next to you because they don't know any better and won't be able to hear any sounds when they turn 40.

They looked pretty spiffy though, I'll give 'em that...

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:01 AM Post #3 of 7
You might also want to look at the Denon D1000's. I've heard good things about them. Ultrasone's are also good if you're willing to pay more.

You can get the M50's here Audio Technica ATH-M50 Professional Headphones
I think it comes out to $90. Use promo code MTB0310 at checkout.

Mar 7, 2010 at 8:23 AM Post #4 of 7
You can never be absolutely sure about any given pair of headphones, and we cannot prescribe your listening preferences to you. I know money is limited, and doing your research is great, but you can never be sure from reading and even your listening might change. There will always be great headphones out there. This is head-fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 4:35 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by NapalmK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You might also want to look at the Denon D1000's. I've heard good things about them. Ultrasone's are also good if you're willing to pay more.

You can get the M50's here Audio Technica ATH-M50 Professional Headphones
I think it comes out to $90. Use promo code MTB0310 at checkout.

aw damnit i was just about to get my credit card and then realized that is the coiled cord version hahaha, w/e i guess i have to pay extra to get the straight one off ebay

Mar 8, 2010 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 7
I prefer the coiled version. Less cable getting in the way, better if you use the M50's as a portable, and it still extends when you need it to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mastapro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
aw damnit i was just about to get my credit card and then realized that is the coiled cord version hahaha, w/e i guess i have to pay extra to get the straight one off ebay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back