Been with the senn.mx500s for a while, looking for better earbud phones!
Jun 28, 2005 at 10:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

GreenFloyd

Head-Fier
Are there any other earphones out there that sound a lot better? I'm not a big fan of the in-ear phones, so EX71, Shure, ety is probably out of the question.

What are some awesome earbud phones that I can buy? This is entirely for portable use with my mp3 player, and it will get A LOT of use.

Thank you very much!!

Jun 28, 2005 at 2:40 PM Post #2 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenFloyd
Are there any other earphones out there that sound a lot better? I'm not a big fan of the in-ear phones, so EX71, Shure, ety is probably out of the question.

What are some awesome earbud phones that I can buy? This is entirely for portable use with my mp3 player, and it will get A LOT of use.

Thank you very much!!

Not sure if with just buds (not canals or over-ear cans) you can go any better than with Senns MX500/550. I know people here on forums are fond of some Sharp MD-33 (?) things but I never heard them. Maybe some Koss KSC-50/55 clip-ons (not technically buds). Personally I don't like bass heavy Koss sound but you may enjoy them better than your MX's.

Jun 28, 2005 at 5:59 PM Post #3 of 7
What's your hang up with canal phones? Consider that not all of them require deep insertion. Shure E5's and UE Super.Fi 5 Pros are good examples of this. They both seal in the larger outer area of the canal. I find both extremely comfortable for long term listening.

Jun 29, 2005 at 8:05 AM Post #5 of 7
Well, I dont have a big beef with them, I just dont like how they have to have a crazy seal in order for them to sound right. It kind of hurts my ears, and it's unpleasant to sleep with. I only tried Shures... do all canal phones require the perfect seal for the best sound, or is it just the shures?

If not, what do you recommend for a not-so-expensive pair of canal buds?

Jun 29, 2005 at 10:08 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
What's your hang up with canal phones? Consider that not all of them require deep insertion. Shure E5's and UE Super.Fi 5 Pros are good examples of this. They both seal in the larger outer area of the canal. I find both extremely comfortable for long term listening.

Interesting... That's exactly the problem I had with the Apple in-ears, i.e. they had to go quite far in so became uncomfortable after a while, so I swapped back to using MX500s. However, if there are some that don't need to go as far in, that could be exactly what I am looking for! Do the other models in the Shure range seal in the same way, i.e without having to go too far in to the canal?

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back