Been out of the game for awhile, need suggestions
Sep 29, 2012 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

carlineng

100+ Head-Fier
I've been really happy with my audio setup for the past 4 or so years, but some of my equipment is starting to act up, and I'm looking for replacements. I haven't kept up with the audio world in quite some time, so I'd welcome some recommendations. Here's my current setup:

Macbook Pro -> iBasso D1 amp/DAC via USB -> either Beyerdynamic DT-880, OR Sonic Impact Super-T amp -> Paradigm Atom speakers.

Both my iBasso D1 and Sonic Impact are up for either replacement or repair. The headphone jack on the iBasso D1 no longer works, and turning the volume knob on the T-amp causes both my speakers to cut in and out unless I wiggle the knob to exactly the right place.

I'm looking for components of similar quality and budget, or incremental upgrades. It appears Sonic Impact amps haven't been awhile for several years now -- a real shame, since I really like mine. Also, I'd like to be able to leave both my headphones and aux out cable plugged into my amp/DAC, and switch between the two outputs without having to actually unplug one or the other cables. Does something like this exist?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back