Beck - Sea Change LP - Question Bad Pressings?

Discussion in 'Music' started by audiofiler, Jun 9, 2008.
First

Back
  1. Audiofiler
    bump.
    Does anyone own the Interscope Pressing on LP and can provide feedback if there is errors on this pressing like the Geffen?

2. juniperlater
    I have been looking for one, but have seen three copies of the Geffen - no Interscope.

3. omegaman Contributor
    I've just bought it now !!! Somebody had to take one for the team !!!! Its coming from the US so not sure how long it will take.

I will post my views when I get it.

4. omegaman Contributor
  5. robm321
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    There already is a "Sea Change" SACD, but I don't think it is MoFi. It is a good recording and I really enjoy it. Such a shame about the vinyl. I've been on the fence about getting a copy, but probably won't now.

Agreed - I have the SACD and it sounds very good, but of course vynil always sounds better. I think I'll hold off as well.

6. omegaman Contributor
    Well I am gutted !!!!!!!! I should have done more research, Interscope is the parent company to Geffen. So now I also have 2 warped discs and a crap sounding side C.

In all fairness I unpacked the LP and put on side C first and thought it was not to bad, I've heard a lot worse, then I heard sides A,B and D and I know what you mean they are amazing and C is a letdown.

Just to make sure we all have the same issue mine has DGC B0004372-01 on the spine and a U in a circle on the run in groove ?

This has put me off buying Becks latest on vinyl, Should I be worried or not?

7. juniperlater
    I have heard great things about Modern Guilt's quality. I am on a vinyl hiatus or else I would own that one.

8. Audiofiler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Well I am gutted !!!!!!!! I should have done more research, Interscope is the parent company to Geffen. So now I also have 2 warped discs and a crap sounding side C.

In all fairness I unpacked the LP and put on side C first and thought it was not to bad, I've heard a lot worse, then I heard sides A,B and D and I know what you mean they are amazing and C is a letdown.

Just to make sure we all have the same issue mine has DGC B0004372-01 on the spine and a U in a circle on the run in groove ?

This has put me off buying Becks latest on vinyl, Should I be worried or not?

Yes, that is the spine no unfortunately..don't feel bad though. I bought 4 different copies of this, 3 Geffen and 1 Interscope, all the same. Just coming back to this thread where I had bumped but not received any other feedback. Should have checked it one last time before buying the Interscope was. I crafted an email to Geffen but had not heard back yet.

The new MG is awesome on LP, no caveats with that 180G pressing..it is well done and worth the small asking price for the high quality digital download of the the album it comes with. It is the vinyl master that this the download I believe. Great quality mix on disc and for your MP3 player.

9. juniperlater
    Any word when the MFSL CD is coming?

10. creativepart
    I know this is a 9-year old thread, and I hope digging up old threads isn't a problem here. If it is let me know and I'll re-post in a new thread.

I have the same fondness for Beck's "Sea Change" LP and have been resisting playing the LP because of the distortion on side 3 of this LP. But I noticed the other day that the album has been "re-released" on Interscope in 2017. So, I took a chance and bought one on Amazon. I can confirm that they've fixed this problem Side 3 (orange side) sounds great.

So, if this is important to you, I'd say give it another try.

PS. The other day I tried listening to the old DGC version of the LP and ran into the bad side 3 sound. I decided to do a search to see if it was just my copy or all of them. Naturally, I found this thread and confirmation it was all of them. Hence, resurrection this old zombie of a thread.

11. raindogtrombone
    Agreed - the recent Interscope pressing sounds amazing, and comes with a 24 bit download.

12. Lurker0918
    Don't have the Interscope/Geffen pressing(s), I have the Mofi pressing from a few years ago, no problems with sound quality (through speaker or head phones). Absolutely gorgeous and lush sounding. Not a huge Beck fan, but it's exhibit A on why I enjoy vinyl!

First

Back