Beats Studio3
Aug 29, 2017 at 8:51 PM Post #48 of 904
The W1 chip is quite impressive. I use mine in crowded gym and connection is rock solid, has not even stuttered once. Ive bee well over 100ft away, even left phone 2 rooms away and entered locker room and still flawless connection

Aug 30, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #50 of 904
Aug 30, 2017 at 10:47 PM Post #52 of 904
The Solo3 isn't even in the same universe as the HD800S in any regard. Also, I have a pair of Solo 2 Wireless, which sound exactly like the Solo 3. I also have a $32 pair of Lasmex HB65 wireless headphones and they both look and sound better than the Solo 2's.
I agree about the 800s ofcoarse. But for gym the solo3 and powerbeats3 are very nice with iphone 7. Connection is better than any other BT. And sound is good enough for gym, i can live without some soundstage and finer details while working out. This is why im looking forward to studio3, with that being said im not payin $3-400 for them, will buy second hand/black friday etc

Aug 31, 2017 at 12:25 AM Post #53 of 904
I agree about the 800s ofcoarse. But for gym the solo3 and powerbeats3 are very nice with iphone 7. Connection is better than any other BT. And sound is good enough for gym, i can live without some soundstage and finer details while working out. This is why im looking forward to studio3, with that being said im not payin $3-400 for them, will buy second hand/black friday etc

I got the Powerbeats 3 when I picked up an iPad for my daughter for the back to school deal and they cost $49 out of pocket with the discount. Honestly, if I had paid more than $49 I would have returned them. They sound okay at best, are not particularly comfortable, and I have trouble getting a good seal, despite trying the various size tips. Battery life is great and they are simple to use with my iPhone but color me unimpressed.

Aug 31, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #54 of 904
I got the Powerbeats 3 when I picked up an iPad for my daughter for the back to school deal and they cost $49 out of pocket with the discount. Honestly, if I had paid more than $49 I would have returned them. They sound okay at best, are not particularly comfortable, and I have trouble getting a good seal, despite trying the various size tips. Battery life is great and they are simple to use with my iPhone but color me unimpressed.
I had issues at 1st, stock tips are awful. I use spinfits or comply and get good seal now. I got mine for $119 and am hsppy for gym. Retail for any apple product is almost always gonna be too much lol

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:24 PM Post #55 of 904
Apple announced Studio3 today:

https://www.beatsbydre.com/headphones/studio3-wireless

HIghlights:

- W1 chip.
- Next-gen "Pure ANC."
- Real-time audio calibration. It sounds like this feature will change the audio tuning for different tracks, based on bass content and other frequencies, and to preserve ANC clarity.
- 22 hours of battery with ANC on, 40 hours with ANC off.
- Improved earpads.
- $349, only $50 more than the Solo3.
- New colors.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #56 of 904
Apple announced Studio3 today:

https://www.beatsbydre.com/headphones/studio3-wireless

HIghlights:

- W1 chip.
- Next-gen "Pure ANC."
- Real-time audio calibration. It sounds like this feature will change the audio tuning for different tracks, based on bass content and other frequencies.
- 22 hours of battery with ANC on, 40 hours with ANC off.
- Improved earpads.
- $349, only $50 more than the Solo3.
- New colors.

Nice feature set - now lets hear what they sound like.

Sep 4, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #57 of 904
Nice feature set - now lets hear what they sound like.

The market is going to be very competitive this holiday season for ANC wireless headphones. My money would be on these beating out the new Sony and Bose revisions, but SQ is the question here.

Sep 4, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #60 of 904

Nice! I thought the Solo2 and Solo3 sounded pretty good. I'm curious to see how these sound.

Also, one really nice feature of the new Studio 3 is that it allows you to turn the ANC completely off (a first for any Beats headphone, I believe) to extend the battery life and maybe make them sound even a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back