Beats Studio3
Jun 19, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #766 of 904
Well, as for beats, they are not nothing, like for pop lovers without a budget limit and wants cool stuff around their neck.
Personally I would say beats are not part of hi-fi industry but instead, the pop. Bit off to be discussed here.

Jun 19, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #767 of 904
Well, as for beats, they are not nothing, like for pop lovers without a budget limit and wants cool stuff around their neck.
Personally I would say beats are not part of hi-fi industry but instead, the pop. Bit off to be discussed here.

You’re not wrong, since Beats are marketed towards consumers and not audiophiles. But Beats has been improving, and does have some compelling products that are best-in-class in some ways.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:53 PM Post #768 of 904
MacedonianHero, so which headphone do you prefer today as far as sound goes? The QC35 II, 1000XM2, or Studio 3? I know you have that portable headphone thread.

The QC35II, but I'm not a big fan of the 1000MK2, so I might sneak in the Studio3 in just before it.

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #770 of 904
MacedonianHero, so which headphone do you prefer today as far as sound goes? The QC35 II, 1000XM2, or Studio 3? I know you have that portable headphone thread.
I know my name is not a MacedonianHero, but I have both the 1000XM2 & QC35 (1st Gen) and I ended up returning the Studio3.

For me, I have wired and wireless headphones, each for different uses and/or moods. For ANC, the Studio3 is good, but not as good as either the 1000XM2 or QC35 when I travel for business. Plus, the 1000XM2 & QC35 just seem more durable (superior grade of plastic). The Studio3 was to be a bass cannon for pumping iron at the gym, but it ended up not sounding like the Studio2 at all, which was a fun headphone, but unfortunately had terrible ANC circuitry (ended up returning as well).

Ultimately, I would buy the Studio3 if it sounded like the 2s, as it would have addressed the sole issue I had with the 2s (exceedingly horrible & wonky ANC).

These Panasonics look pretty damn sexy. Thinking about trying these out.
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Premium-Hi-Res-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B07DBY9H6X/

Jun 20, 2018 at 5:46 PM Post #771 of 904
Man, everybody’s returning the Studio3. Beats really made a mistake by not using the energy of the Studio 2.0 as a starting point then going from there, or creating an entirely new headphone. Shame too because the Studio3 with a graphic EQ like CapTune is capable of being the bassy headphone it wants to be.

Jun 20, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #772 of 904
I hope Beats uses the relative failure of Studio3 (assumedly high return rates/poor word of mouth/retail clearance after just a few months) as fuel to innovate and release an entirely new over-ear bassy headphone.

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:01 PM Post #773 of 904
I know my name is not a MacedonianHero, but I have both the 1000XM2 & QC35 (1st Gen) and I ended up returning the Studio3.

For me, I have wired and wireless headphones, each for different uses and/or moods. For ANC, the Studio3 is good, but not as good as either the 1000XM2 or QC35 when I travel for business. Plus, the 1000XM2 & QC35 just seem more durable (superior grade of plastic). The Studio3 was to be a bass cannon for pumping iron at the gym, but it ended up not sounding like the Studio2 at all, which was a fun headphone, but unfortunately had terrible ANC circuitry (ended up returning as well).

Ultimately, I would buy the Studio3 if it sounded like the 2s, as it would have addressed the sole issue I had with the 2s (exceedingly horrible & wonky ANC).

These Panasonics look pretty damn sexy. Thinking about trying these out.
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-Premium-Hi-Res-Wireless-Headphones/dp/B07DBY9H6X/

Ooooo, I'd never even heard of this Panasonic model -- I wasn't aware that they even made a wireless ANC set of headphones at all.

Jun 21, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #774 of 904
Ooooo, I'd never even heard of this Panasonic model -- I wasn't aware that they even made a wireless ANC set of headphones at all.
Yeah man, I'm stoked! I'm probably going to wait for some reviews and feedback, you know, do that thing we headphone people do. Sometimes, the research is more fun than the headphone! LOL!

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #775 of 904
Man, everybody’s returning the Studio3. Beats really made a mistake by not using the energy of the Studio 2.0 as a starting point then going from there, or creating an entirely new headphone. Shame too because the Studio3 with a graphic EQ like CapTune is capable of being the bassy headphone it wants to be.

Really? Still have mine. :) Though my daughter seems to have usurped them recently.

Jun 21, 2018 at 9:39 PM Post #776 of 904
Really? Still have mine. :) Though my daughter seems to have usurped them recently.

Lots of us still have them and enjoy them. There seems to be a subset of the headphone lovers that buy and try every one that comes out and then return them. Makes me wonder what happens to all the used ones. Kind of like returning underwear to me...

Jun 21, 2018 at 10:05 PM Post #777 of 904
I bought the Red ones on release day. Sold them and grabbed the Shadow Grey a few weeks ago. Realized the Decade Editions were being released, returned the Shadow Grey to Best Buy and grabbed the Decade Edition a couple of weeks ago. Safe to say I'm a fan :L3000:. MICHAELSD knows that about me LOL. The Beats Studio 3 are actually in my top 3 of portable headphones. I've tried everything from the Bowers and Wilkins PX, Sony H.ear On 2, Sony 1000XM2, Sennheiser HD1 Wireless, V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless, etc.

Jun 22, 2018 at 5:16 PM Post #778 of 904
I bought the Red ones on release day. Sold them and grabbed the Shadow Grey a few weeks ago. Realized the Decade Editions were being released, returned the Shadow Grey to Best Buy and grabbed the Decade Edition a couple of weeks ago. Safe to say I'm a fan :L3000:. MICHAELSD knows that about me LOL. The Beats Studio 3 are actually in my top 3 of portable headphones. I've tried everything from the Bowers and Wilkins PX, Sony H.ear On 2, Sony 1000XM2, Sennheiser HD1 Wireless, V-Moda Crossfade 2 Wireless, etc.

Man, you’re... almost worse than me. :)

Was it worth the hassle to switch to the Decade Edition?

Jun 22, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #779 of 904
Lots of us still have them and enjoy them. There seems to be a subset of the headphone lovers that buy and try every one that comes out and then return them. Makes me wonder what happens to all the used ones. Kind of like returning underwear to me...

Curious about this as well, since I know from what I’ve seen on eBay there’s nowhere near the amount of these being resold refurbished as there are being returned.

That’s the beauty of Beats... it gets everyone interested in headphones.

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #780 of 904
Let me know once you get banned at Best Buy! LOL! I got banned in about 2 weeks. Never shop there, so I rotate my returns at other retailers with multiple locations, lest they be like "there's that return guy again". I have a problem!

As far as liking/keeping the Studio3, to each their own. Some people like the wireless range, style, battery life, etc. I've actually purchased and returned the Studio3 multiple times, and just a guess, but probably 5x or 6x (totally lost track). Each time, I really TRIED to like them, but I could not justify keeping them at the price I paid ($239 for Blue). It's not that the price is prohibitive, rather, I want to feel like I'm getting good value for the money for my purposes.

I have friends that have them and love them. I also have friends that love One Direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back