Beats Studio3
Dec 15, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #586 of 904
I think the 1abt is much better than the Studios from an audiophile pov.
I didn't notice that effect on the NC of the studio 2.
The NC on Studio 3 is noticeably inferior to Bose and Sony.

Dec 15, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #587 of 904
They’re not terrible, just disappointing. When you watch a documentary like The Defiant Ones, which is about Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine’s relationship and careers of course including Beats headphones, and realize they’re owned by Apple so the headphones should sound fantastic rather than cheap and almost mediocre.

I did write up a full review a few weeks ago before returning Studio3 that I’ll publish soon.

Dec 15, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #589 of 904
Disappointing to you. Not to everyone. Disappointing is directly related to expectation.

True, but I don’t think @MICHAELSD is an outlier because in this case this thread was a lot busier earlier in the fall and I saw a lot of people bail and found them in the PX forum.

Dec 15, 2017 at 7:55 PM Post #592 of 904
Precisely. I knew they really weren't going to stray too far from the Beats house sound. It would just piss their fanbase off.

If you watch the YouTube reviews and look at user comments/reviews for Studio3 a common theme is disappointment even from some Studio 2.0 users.

IMO they have strayed far away from the Beats house sound (~ 3dB of bass boost compared to 7dB+) and just made odd tuning choices with Studio3.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:34 PM Post #593 of 904
If you watch the YouTube reviews and look at user comments/reviews for Studio3 a common theme is disappointment even from some Studio 2.0 users.

IMO they have strayed far away from the Beats house sound (~ 3dB of bass boost compared to 7dB+) and just made odd tuning choices with Studio3.
I have watched several reviews of the Studio 3 and they were fairly positive.

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #594 of 904

Earlier in the thread you were fawning over the Studio 3, comparing them to the HD800 without ever having heard them. That's OTT and unrealistic from any point of view. No headphone in it's price range would ever live up to that sort of expectation.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #597 of 904
All differing opinions. For every positive review I could send you a negative one.

I think one of the biggest indicators of Studio3’s lack of success is its lack of momentum on Amazon. Judging by Beats’ history Studio3 should have hundreds of reviews by now. Word of mouth isn’t that good.

Dec 15, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #598 of 904
Difficult to make the sorts of statements made early in the thread and maintain credibility. That's my opinion anyway.

I was comparing one aspect of the HD800 to Solo3 (imaging) to show that Beats is trying to excel in the areas that make headphones sound high-quality and how that would hopefully translate to R&D on Studio3 for best-in-class sonics for a wireless headphone.

Dec 15, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #599 of 904
All differing opinions. For every positive review I could send you a negative one.

I think one of the biggest indicators of Studio3’s lack of success is its lack of momentum on Amazon. Judging by Beats’ history Studio3 should have hundreds of reviews by now. Word of mouth isn’t that good.

Yes. All different opinions. What I don’t get is why you seem hell-bent on trying to convince everyone that your opinion is the right opinion.

Dec 15, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #600 of 904
Yes. All different opinions. What I don’t get is why you seem hell-bent on trying to convince everyone that your opinion is the right opinion.

I’m not, I just really did expect Studio3 to be incredible and have been sitting on my full review for a while waiting to post.

I think the fact Studio3 has only 39 reviews (one of them mine) on Amazon with a 3.5 star average a few months after launch speaks to how Beats missed the mark with this one. Even the Sony WH1000XM2 has over 200 more reviews and a 4.5 star average despite coming out after the Studio3 with less marketing.

Or a whopping 46 reviews (45 before I posted mine...) on Best Buy compared to almost 10k for AirPods which only started becoming readily available from the retailer within the past few months.

Studio3 is a dud/misstep.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back