beats studio vs sennhesier HD 25
Jul 29, 2011 at 2:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

abueljihad

New Head-Fier
hey guys, 
am about to purchase a pair of headphones - iam a little bit of a DJ and a big fan of Trance music. Till now i've been on the bose on ear for more than a year and now am looking for a similar sound quality(or better), I got the beats studio and the sennheiser HD 25 in mind what do you think i should purchase ? if there is another any other suggestions feel free to suggest. 

THANK YOU. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #2 of 32
hd 25 sounds good

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:01 PM Post #4 of 32
I think everyone here will tell you to go for the sennheiser hd-25s. While the beats have a lot of bass, that's the only thing they do, and some people (including myself) will tell you, not particularly well. The HD-25s have tighter bass, and does just about everything better than the beats. Not sure about soundstage though.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:07 PM Post #5 of 32
so can i be sure that the hd-25s got the same or better sound quality than the bose on ear that i've been working with for the last year ?
these are the bose am talking about -http://media.shopy.co.il/shops/2270/products/p170192b.jpg

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #6 of 32
Sound stage is often overrated. If the overall clarity and instrument separation are good you can still track down what is happening in the recording you are listening to.

The K181 DJ might be worth an audition... 

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #7 of 32
Quote:
so can i be sure that the hd-25s got the same or better sound quality than the bose on ear that i've been working with for the last year ?
these are the bose am talking about -http://media.shopy.co.il/shops/2270/products/p170192b.jpg

I think you can be sure that (almost) any headphone over $50 will sound better than that Bose.

You can't be sure, however, that you will like the sound more.

Jul 29, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #8 of 32
Go for the hd-25 if you dj and listen to trance. The hd-25's have tight/ punchy bass which makes beat matching precise, I also dj and noticed a lot of cleaner transitions in my mixes. The bass is non overwhelming so you can still hear your mids and highs. The isolation is also insanely good to if your in a high noise environment. Mine are still in the burn in phase, but when I first got them they were muddy/harsh sounding. I've put about 50hrs so far and it's seem to clean the harshness.

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #10 of 32

Quote:
thank you all for the fast and specifc answers. however, am not still quite sure why you prefered the hd-25's over the studios. 

Beats are all bass, little detail or clarity. People think it's not good enough for the price. HD-25 has a lot more detail and clarity for less money. Controlled bass, better mids and highs. 

Jul 29, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #11 of 32
Quote:
thank you all for the fast and specifc answers. however, am not still quite sure why you prefered the hd-25's over the studios. 

Audition them and you will know why. Try Jazz and you will certainly get the idea...

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:32 AM Post #13 of 32
Most of the guys in here will say Beats blows, and any pair of headphones over $50 will do a lot better than them.
They'll go on to say Beats have bass, bass, bass and more bass. It's a generic opinion on these forums that Beats
are really bassy cans but I wouldn't recommend these even to people who like bass.

Why?

Overpriced.
Overhyped.

I don't know how the studios sound like, but I can tell you that there are a lot of bassy cans (and I mean really bassy)
that cost a lot less and have good build quality, and sound quality that might even surpass the Beats. Sony is an example.
of brands that produce big boomy bass.

Sony XB300, XB500, XB700, XB1000.
XB300, XB500 and XB700 cost less than the Beats.
XB1000 is very pricey.

Can't comment on the sound though
wink.gif

Are ultrasones bassy ?
Never tried any of their headphones before.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:42 AM Post #14 of 32
if your gonna buy beats, shell out 40 bucks for sony xb500s and test both. 

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #15 of 32
i've been on the bose on ear for a year and i think that bose is doing the moderation thing, it's not bassy but at the same time it got enough bass. 

how about the ATH M50, i heard they are great for electronic/trance music ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back