Beats Studio or V-Moda Crossfade
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

RevAmped

Head-Fier
I'm new to Head-fi and I need help deciding which headphones to get. I don't care about value just need to decide between the two
Thnx
L3000.gif

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 14
Between the two-- no other options?  The crossfades.  As you'd guess sound vs value on either isn't very good,  and both are constructed pretty lousily.  At least the crossfades are fairly unique style-wise though.

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:20 PM Post #3 of 14

Quote:
Between the two-- no other options?  The crossfades.  As you'd guess sound vs value on either isn't very good,  and both are constructed pretty lousily.  At least the crossfades are fairly unique style-wise though.

Crossfades look like the head helmet braces and the beats look like they can shatter at a touch.

They both are horrid and ugly. But if you care about what your not going to see and more about what people are going to see you as, what ever one floats your boat. They both are trash

Aug 10, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 14

Quote:
 I don't care about value
Thnx
L3000.gif

Heya,

Then why ask which one to get? Clearly it's just a style thing at that point, right? Pick the one you think looks best if you don't care about the value of the headphone.

Or, you can get the Ultrasone HFI 580's if you do care about value and looks.

Very best,

Aug 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #8 of 14
Beyerdynamic DT 1350... Though you will want an amp for them to truly sound their best. 

If you don't mind sacrificing a bit of looks for good sound, you should also look into the Sennheiser HD25-1 II.

A lot of people here seem to really like the Phiatons--while I've never heard them myself, they are certainly very attractive looking phones, and in my readings, the sound gets a lot of praise, for what they are.

Edit:

Also, how do you listen to your music? What kinds of music do you listen to? What sources do you use? Are you looking for something portable or not? Would you mind getting an amp to go along with your headphones? Do you need something open or closed, or noise-cancelling? The more you narrow it down, while keeping an open mind, the more likely people here will be able to give you a truly good recommendation.

Aug 10, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #9 of 14
Phiaton MS400? got the looks and the sound without the 300 dollar price

Aug 10, 2011 at 3:14 PM Post #10 of 14
Speaking of Skullcandy--I would stay away from them haha. Though, I will admit, I did try out the Aviator and it was actually pretty decent. I wasn't floored by it or anything, but for a company that's always put more into their branding than their sound, the Aviator was a step-up, and I preferred it vastly to the Beats that were hanging next to them. Not that that's saying all that much, perhaps.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 14
SRH840 if you want amazing sound, or maybe the srh940's which are $300. XB700 if you care a lot about bass, I have heard both and in my opinion if your not obsessed with bass go with the SRH-840/SRH-940 they will be worth it.

Aug 10, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
Ok I've narrowed my choices down to the Shure SRH840 and of course the Sony XB700

Shure 840 is a flat neutral headphone, excellent. It does not drop a big bass beat though, it's not a bassy headphone, but it does accurate good bass.
XB700 is bassy and will drop that big bass drop, if that's what you're looking for. Significantly goofy looking though. But very comfortable.

What kind of music do you listen to?

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back