Beats Studio constant static and no music is playing.
Oct 27, 2013 at 2:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lordoflagiacrus

New Head-Fier
So I have had my white studio beats for about a year and a half.  Over the last 2 months, there has been a static that occasionally shows up.  I just nozzle the cord a bit and it would be fine.  Recently, they are almost unusable because the static is almost always occurring.  I tried taking them apart and checking out if there's a problem and I couldn't see any issue.  I covered up some of the wires with electrical tape, but that didn't help at all.  They're in one piece now and there's not more warranty and they don't fix them.  So I was wondering if anybody else has the same problem as me or can help.  It's happening in both ears whether there is music playing or not whenever I turn the noise cancelling/one switch on. 

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #3 of 8
Sounds like the wire is broken. You can look how to open up the wire and fix it yourself if you're a DIYer. Otherwise, you'll have to get a new pair of headphones. This time I'd go with a more reputable brand rather one that's heavily advertised. Just cuz they have pretzel buns and that cute redhead on TV doesn't make Wendy's fine dining.

Oct 27, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 8
+1 for broken wire. Either replace it (not as hard as you might think), or get a new cable maybe? Sorry, but I always thought that the Beats by Dr. Dre had detachable cables? Correct me if I am wrong. Otherwise, break out the soldering iron. Good luck man!

Oct 27, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #6 of 8
Sounds like the wire that goes from your output source, to your phones, is the one that needs fixing. You mentioned that you had to mess around with one of the wires in order for it to work, right? Was that the aux wire I mentioned above? If so, I'm guessing that that's what has to be fixed. If you have an aux cable for your car, that'll work fine to test this out. Like I said, I am not certain that you have removable cables*. And, if it fails the "aux" test, it could be the input/input jack on the actual headphones**, in which case be prepared to break out the soldering iron to fix it. (I am not responsible for broken headphones if it comes to that). As always, good luck man!

*http://www.ebay.com/itm/Original-Replacement-Cable-Wire-Cord-for-Beats-by-Dr-Dre-Headphones-Solo-Studio-/221297604231?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item33865d7687

**http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-Beats-by-Dr-Dre-Studio-Headphones-Replacement-audio-jack-PCB-board-3-5mm-/200913699333?pt=US_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2ec763c205

Users who are viewing this thread

Back