Beats sound better then ED8
Feb 4, 2011 at 9:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Melvins

Fake trader feedback from duplicate account: Frankzappa92.
Aka: Melvins92
BAD TRADER
Feb 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #3 of 27
ha well sorrryyyy.

Feb 4, 2011 at 10:37 AM Post #5 of 27
huh

Feb 4, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #7 of 27
Nope, needs to understand the secret of a good audio set up...

If you want high end start learning.

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #8 of 27
Actually, Beats Studio do sound better than ED8. Whereas Beats Studio are kinda bad, ED8's are an assault upon the ears.

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #9 of 27
the amount of hate comments he's getting is pretty funny. shows lot of people are not so respectful and open minded about others opinions. poor guy. you guys just jelly cause you're not as fly like him. you guys are turds.

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #10 of 27
Hmm, this is all interesting. How about every high-end headphone manufacturer design headphones to sound great right out of an iPod. Think of this as an engineering excercise. It's not rocket science. High-end snobbery not withstanding but the Beats have swept all of the high-end compietition combined in terms of sales. Many of a high-end audio company has gone out of business because they did not view their business as a business first, audio company second. Yes, there are dreams but the reality is that companies like Dr. Dre's might someday buy out Sennheiser and Ultrasone.

Mar 18, 2012 at 9:23 PM Post #12 of 27
I am in LOVE with some of the responses!!

""hooked this pair up directly to an Apple MacBook Pro"
"Didn't bother hooking them up to a hometheater receiver"
"Dr. Dre Beats.. sounded much better"

I have a feeling you're not exactly qualified to be rating headphones.

First of all, the DAC on your Macbook isn't going to do crap to get quality sound out of those. You also need to run it through a very high end amp.
Second, the only thing you bothered trying was sticking them in a laptop and listening? And with that result you instantly decided "Oh I don't like these?"

You did no burn in, had nothing but a horrible source to run through, and you complain? The Ed-8s are not made for people like you (people like you meaning people who don't know how to use headphones).

and the Beats, huh? Yeah. You seem like the kind of person who would listen to Beats."

Or this one;
"You use a Mac, so you are obviously a discerning audiophile. Perhaps some Bose Triports would be more to your preference."

Or this one;

It's true what the last person said about the dumb comments. I use a Sennheiser HD-800 and Beyer DT-48E edition 2011 with iPods - no problem. If the Ultrasone doesn't sound good with a Macbook then no amp is going to commit a miracle on them. There are differences with a good amp - but they're not big differences for first-impression listening - they're more subtle for quiet times when you can hear gnats whispering together.
I've used my HD800's with my Itouch...... with a LISA III in the middle., and YES I'VE HEARD AMPS DO MIRACLES.

​
 ​
BUT THIS IS THE BEST RESPONSE:​

You don't need a $3000 headamp to make any headphones shine. On that note I would say jsut about anything will not sound their best out of any integrated headphone output on any PC/Mac.

If you plan on using these headphones at home, invest in a Dac/Amp. You can get a decent combo that should power these suckers for ~$500. As for Beats by Dr Dre, they are not the worst headphones in the world but you can get equivalent phones for about 2 factors cheaper(if they cost $300). Which would work much better out of your mac.

Though a little research never hurts ;D visit head-fi.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #13 of 27
LOL.

What a shame, maybe he was expecting a 1500 headphone to sound 5x better than a 300 dollar headphone that's not even worth that price.

TBH the Ed8s sound pretty fine straight out of the Iphone 4, right out of the box.

They do sound quite a bit better out of a Sugden Masterclass A4

In the closed realm of headphones, IMHO only bested by the Sony R10s and the Signature Pro.

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:45 PM Post #14 of 27
I thought the responses were far worse than the review.

Chances are his opinion wouldnt have changed at all with magical burn in and super expensive amps and source and cables and jedi mind tricks.

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:22 AM Post #15 of 27

Quote:
I thought the responses were far worse than the review.
Chances are his opinion wouldnt have changed at all with magical burn in and super expensive amps and source and cables and jedi mind tricks.

If I were marooned on desert island and I had two choices (preposteriously assuming I had clean AC power available):

• Sony Walkman X -> Beats
  • PS Audio Perfectwave DAC mkII -> Eddie Current Balancing Act (with $2000 of the finest vintage tubes) -> ED8

I would easily take choice #1. The ED8 is truly that bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back