Beats solo 2 and e12a vs e11k or e12
Jun 4, 2015 at 9:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

davescleveland

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all my name is Dave happy to join! I have solo2 and fiio e11k. Will the e12a give me better detail and soundstage? Also is this the best combo? Worth the upgrade or should I look at e12 or something else thanks!

Jun 4, 2015 at 1:46 PM Post #2 of 26
Unless the E11K is having trouble driving your headphones, upgrading it won't produce some dramatic improvement in sound. Since the Solo 2 has sensitivity of 115 db, the E11K should be driving them to levels louder than you can stand.

Perhaps if your source device doesn't have great sound quality, a DAC would offer some improvement in detail. Otherwise, for better soundstage, you really want to look to upgrading your headphones.

What make/model device are you using the E11K with?

Jun 4, 2015 at 2:30 PM Post #4 of 26
iPhone. But I'm hearing the detail is incredible when plugged into the e12 not really worried about loudness just sq

If you are hooking up an amp to the headphone jack on your iPhone, you will always be amplifying the headphone amp on the iPhone, and that can be a limiting factor. I would think that where you hear people saying that, they are describing using the E12 hooked up to a line output on a device.

What model iPhone do you have? If an older model, are you using an LOD? Or the headphone jack? If a newer model, you might consider the SoundBlaster E5 which I think can be connected as a dac/amp to the iPhone.

Jun 4, 2015 at 5:18 PM Post #8 of 26
If you want better sound quality, change headphones, not the amp

Jun 4, 2015 at 8:17 PM Post #11 of 26
E12 is a slightly noticeable upgrade in SQ from the E11K. E12A is a slightly noticeable upgrade from E12.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:20 PM Post #13 of 26
Sorry. I'm not an Apple person. So you already have some kind of DAC built into an adapter? Just tying to figure out exactly what your setup is. iPhone 6 only has digital out other than the headphone jack from what I understand. So for a line out, you have to have some kind of DAC.

Jun 4, 2015 at 11:53 PM Post #15 of 26
Just regular audio cable 3.5 to e11k amp

That's not a line out if you are plugging into the headphone jack.

So you could maybe see some improvement if you got something like the Creative E5 dac/headphone amp that completely bypasses all the analog sound production of your phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back