Beats Pro - The Headphones Used To Mix In Every Major Studio.
May 10, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #16 of 21
Is it possible that some unfounded and undeserved despise exists in this community towards this specific brand?
Could there be a bias which makes audiophiles assume that heavily marketed, popular products, aren't good by default?
How many of the people bashing the sound quality of this specific headphones actually heard them?

Not saying they are any good neither defending the questionable marketing claims they make, just asking some questions..
It's a bit of both to be honest. I'm not one to hate mass market headphones, Monster's newer headphones aren't too bad. People get angered because many companies put an effort to make neutral equipment for monitoring, and then Beats comes along and falsely tricks consumers into thinking their equipment is the best. Have you ever been interested in something and everyone was convinced a terrible product was good because of marketing schemes? Sure, people can like them if they want... but us audiophiles get pissed off when someone lies to the uneducated masses. It's like a mechanic making unnecessary repairs on your car for profit, it's wrong and pisses people that know better off.

May 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #17 of 21
  Is it possible that some unfounded and undeserved despise exists in this community towards this specific brand?
Could there be a bias which makes audiophiles assume that heavily marketed, popular products, aren't good by default?
How many of the people bashing the sound quality of this specific headphones actually heard them?

Not saying they are any good neither defending the questionable marketing claims they make, just asking some questions..

Speaking for myself, I don't hate Beats headphones, at least not because they have the Beats logo on them, anyway. Personally, I don't like this particular advertisement but I don't take offense with the headphones themselves. I'd never recommend them to anyone who wants a good pair of headphones because the price is way too high for what you get, in my opinion. They're not inherently bad, but you can have better (if less stylish) for much less.

May 11, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #20 of 21

I tried them next to some fake Beats, and for lack of the wooly mammoth low-end, the fake sounded better.

REAL beats pro don't have a huge low end, it is definitely boosted, but nowhere near what the beats studios, vmoda m100, or almost any sony xb series are. The biggest issue with beats pro are the amount of fakes out there, most of the times I hear the sound described, I believe they heard a fake. I literally have tried 5 beats pro, only one was real, and the sound difference was obvious. All the fakes has thudding, overbearing bass. 

on another note, I know several people who do music producing, and unfortunately, beats headphones are the way to go for them, I was only able to convince one to use a more neutral can.

May 11, 2014 at 4:11 PM Post #21 of 21
Ah, I was referring to Beats Studio - I forgot this is a 'Pro' thread.

Could be that the fakers are making their Pro copies conform to the perceived sound of the Beats line more. Customers might be taking the real ones back as fakes if you're correct ourfpshero!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back