Beats Pro: On-Ear or Over-Ear?
May 27, 2013 at 6:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thatBeatsguy

Headphoneus Supremus
I've read many a person talking about the Beats Pro saying that they are on-ear headphones. To me, they're obviously over-ears because they hook on my ears. They're kinda uncomfortable bcos of this unless they were elliptical.
The Beats Mixr was more consistent with the definition of on-ear, because they fit right on top of my ears without trouble.
Also, the Beats website even said that these were over-ear headphones, so are some people's ears too big, or are mine too small?

May 27, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #2 of 4
The headphones are pretty large, but that doesn't matter. The circular pads will sit on some parts of the ear, and due to high clamping, will get painful within an hour. For me anything that doesn't completely go around the ears is on-ear.

May 27, 2013 at 6:24 AM Post #3 of 4
 I agree they're over ear.

May 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
The headphones are pretty large, but that doesn't matter. The circular pads will sit on some parts of the ear, and due to high clamping, will get painful within an hour. For me anything that doesn't completely go around the ears is on-ear.

Actually, it isn't the clamping force that makes it uncomfortable for me, because I let it hang over a pretty wide couch arm for about an hour. To be honest, it's the hooking thing that the headphones do. The weight contributes to this, though the weight alone isn't an issue.

I've heard many ppl say that it's on-ear. Do they just have large ears though? 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back