Beats or Skullcandy
Oct 23, 2011 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Pingupenguins

Member of the Trade: BTG Audio / Q Audio
Yeah I want to buy some cool looking headphones. I'm looking for something with a 40mm driver. I can't figure out how big the drivers are on the Beats Solo if someone could help me with it.

Basically I'm going to tear into these puppys and remove the crap driver in them to just have a bad ass headband for some KCS75's. I've been looking into Skullcandy Agents Shoe Black, Black Aviators, and some Red Beats Solos. But I don't know the driver size. Anyone else know of some decent headbands with 40mm drivers?

Also if anyone is willing to sell me some broken Skullcandy agents or Aviators(cable broken not broke broken) PM me.

Thanks

Oct 23, 2011 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 21
The WeSC Maraca is a stylish alternative to the ultra-expensive Beats or Skullcandys, and have 40mm drivers. Good for you if you're gonna replace that crap with some real drivers.

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #3 of 21
I don't think the beats solos have a 40mm driver.It fits on your ear and probably has a 30mm driver instead.Maybe the studios or pros have a 40mm driver but I'm not too sure.Especially since monster doesn't put the specifications of their cans on the box..

Oct 23, 2011 at 8:43 PM Post #4 of 21
I was about to facepalm until I read the second paragraph. Good luck with your mod. 
k701smile.gif

Oct 23, 2011 at 9:41 PM Post #5 of 21
^ lol thats what i was going for.

Yeah... No one could tell me how big the KCS75's were. I anticipated 30mm but when i got them and measured it was 40mm. 

@ssrock64

I've seen WeSC but im convinced they are totally horrible in build quality. I'd like a stylish headband but I could also just find some regular looking 40's. I was just asking here if anyone knew about beats or cheaper alternatives. I know Beats are built well thats why I considered them and I know Skullcandy's steel frame is good because I have aviators of the same design.

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:02 AM Post #9 of 21

Quote:
you would need open headphones for that, and as far as i know none of those brands have open back models. just get a HD25 adidas

they don't need to be open. BUT you couls drill some holes in the sides of the cups to make the open/ cut a huge hole and put a grill on it.

Oct 24, 2011 at 5:06 AM Post #10 of 21
I amy try this if I decide to sent my dt1350's back or not get the AKG k1/272's instead...$300 is A LOT to drop on a portable setup, but at the same time I would be wearing them A LOT!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back