Beats Fraud, or Miracle of Ghost APTX?
Dec 11, 2014 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Giogio

Bluetooth Guru
So, I have received the Beats Studio Wireless.

I have bought them for the main reason that they should have APTX.
I have read it here, in CNET, in Androidcentral, and in other places.
Only in the Beats Website there is NO info about that. Nor in the Quick Start Guide of the Headphones.
But as other users reported, Beats says at the Telephone that they HAVE aptx.
I called them, and they told that to me too.
It was not even easy to get as an answer. The guys of Apple have no idea and derived me to Beats of my Country. The guys there had no idea and derived me to the general english support. There nobody had any idea either so they asked some supposed "expert" of the technical team and came back with the answer: they do have aptx.

I asked "then why with ALL other APTX devices which I tried (lot of headphones and a speaker) when I connect them to my aptx mobile phone or aptx PC I get the notification "connecting to an aptx device" and only with your headphones I do not?"
She insinuated that something with my phone AND with my PC is wrong.

So. As for my informations, and my logic: when you connect a bluetooth device you ALWAYS get the message "connecting to...".
And when you connect an aptx device, you ALWAYS get the message "connecting to an aptx device".
It is not an ption or something which the Producer of Headphones can choose.
It is AUTOMATIC.
If an aptx connection is established, automatically your phone of pc informs you about that.
The Producer of headphones can NOT change that.

SO I ask to you all: how is this possible? How can an aptx connection establish without that message being shown?

Is it a scam of Beats to sell more, giving false informations and letting us believe that there is aptx even if there is not?
Or are their supporter simply the worse of this universe and do not have the lesser idea of what they are supporting?

What are your thoughts or even better informations/knowledge about this?

Dec 11, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #2 of 4
according to the aptx website the beats solo wireless headphone should support APTX. the beats studio is not listed though
http://www.aptx.com/product/beats-wireless

Dec 12, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #3 of 4
Yeah, i had looked there. As you say, only the old beats wireless are there. The new studio wireless aren't.
I thought aptx may have not updated the list, but sincerely, two coincidences together make a suspect. Not in the list, and no notification of an aptx connection.
And no written mention to APTX anywhere on their website or User Guide...
It looks more like that they try to make peple believe something false, withouth compromising themselves too much, or their Support is very very very bad.

Dec 25, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #4 of 4
So, guys, I have written a review of the Beats on Amazon in order to push Beats to an official and definitive answer about the Aptx theme.
I suppose that the more positive votes my review gets, the more chances we have to get the answer we deserve.

So, if you find this idea interesting, you can vote my review HERE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back