Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:33 AM Post #61 of 167
Quote:
Oh... Sheeew... I thought you were talking about the world of wearing rapper endorsed products so that people think you are cool....
biggrin.gif
That was a close one... thought you had lost it...

oh dear lol that would be like being a rebel in a seemingly 'rebel' group 
tongue.gif
 (rebel group against the mainstream idea of rapper endorsed headphones that is)

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #62 of 167
Quote:
Oh... Sheeew... I thought you were talking about the world of wearing rapper endorsed products so that people think you are cool....
biggrin.gif
That was a close one... thought you had lost it...

Haha! Nope,still sane 
wink.gif
 Couldn't care less about who endorses products. These would still look good if not better without the signature "b" 

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:45 PM Post #63 of 167
Quote:
I think you're being way too flippant. And the other dude that said they are the same quality as the others too... Totally off the mark. These sound way better than the beats studios and the others. Also, understand that headphones are really personal. So be careful when you just flippantly rip on a new product.

And those reading should also avoid putting too much into what others say about headphones. I'm snobbish about headphones. I can't stand Grados, contrary to what the general consensus, I find them harsh, and naturally settled on Beyer Dynamic DT 770 pros. It's just a personal preference.

I just demoed some Beats Executives with a variety of music, and found them really pleasurable, very musical. Not overwhelming in the bass. They are warm... I don't know how they'd stand up to a full day of listening or mixing, but there you have it. 

Does that include the mixr?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #64 of 167
Quote:
So sadly, I was able to demo a pair of the new Beats that my friend bought yesterday...
Garbage. Monster just can't seem to grasp that bass isn't good after a certain extent.
They also need batteries for the "active noise cancelation" which in my opinion is worse on these cans than the Studios. In my point of view, they are just another noise canceling can that didn't get it right.
Avoid the Executives...

I thought Beats and Monster has been separated?

Dec 9, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #66 of 167
Quote:

I thought Beats and Monster has been separated?

Quote:

I think they have, into two equally disappointing brands.
biggrin.gif

Maybe they have something magical I have yet to hear!

Not exactly. See:

http://youtu.be/JfYweJ9aEmw?t=1m33s

As of today, I believe Monster owns even more of Beats since HTC sold back a bunch of their shares after this video was made. 

Jan 6, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #72 of 167
So sadly, I was able to demo a pair of the new Beats that my friend bought yesterday...

Garbage. Monster just can't seem to grasp that bass isn't good after a certain extent.

They also need batteries for the "active noise cancelation" which in my opinion is worse on these cans than the Studios. In my point of view, they are just another noise canceling can that didn't get it right.

Avoid the Executives...

Monster didn't manufacture these BTW. Monster and beats split last year and nows beats is a standalone country

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 6, 2013 at 6:37 PM Post #73 of 167
The bottom right corner of the box still says Noel Lee though... Implying that Monster DID in fact manufacture these.

Ok, I got a chance to study these too, and besides the metal construction, these really aren't a big improvement over the Studios.
Noise cancelling is still not good... horrible when you compare them to the Bose Quietcomfort 15s.
Bass is still big as usual, and sounds "mushy" still
Mids are slightly more clear than the Studios
Treble still sounds blended together, just like the Studios

But they do look a lot more sophisticated than the Studios with that slimmer, metal design.

I still wouldn't recommend them though.

Jan 7, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #74 of 167
Quote:
Monster didn't manufacture these BTW. Monster and beats split last year and nows beats is a standalone country

Not true. See above:

post #66

Jan 7, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #75 of 167
Actually when HTC sold their shares back monster didn't buy them, beats audio actually bought their own company back from HTC. A simple Google search will show you that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back