Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Oct 25, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #32 of 167
Quote:
So they are Monster?

I suspect they are still made by Monster but admit I don't really know for sure. If not Monster, who else is manufacturing them?

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #34 of 167
They probably "parted" ways so that Monster can come out with their own competing headphones to capture the other part of the market.  The more sophisticated and natural sound as opposed to the hip hop sound.  That way Monster and Beats can capture both sides of the market instead of just the fashion/hip hop crowd.

The Monster DNAs I've got at the moment prove they know how to make better sounding headphones, so maybe that really is the strategy instead of saying theses Beats headphones are for a smoother audiophile sound, and these Beats headphones are for bassheads.  That would just confuse the market.  This way they can pretend they split up and cover all sides of the spectrum.

Oct 25, 2012 at 5:57 PM Post #35 of 167
They probably "parted" ways so that Monster can come out with their own competing headphones to capture the other part of the market.  The more sophisticated and natural sound as opposed to the hip hop sound.  That way Monster and Beats can capture both sides of the market instead of just the fashion/hip hop crowd.

The Monster DNAs I've got at the moment prove they know how to make better sounding headphones, so maybe that really is the strategy instead of saying theses Beats headphones are for a smoother audiophile sound, and these Beats headphones are for bassheads.  That would just confuse the market.  This way they can pretend they split up and cover all sides of the spectrum.

So this launch is just a ploy by Monster to see if they got it right?

Oct 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #36 of 167
I suspect they are still made by Monster but admit I don't really know for sure. If not Monster, who else is manufacturing them?

Interesting. Looks like monster may be treating dre like the air jordan of headphones? Same scheme as when Jordan "jump man" brand started but they were and are still just nike.

In any case i must say i am disappointed to hear that it is the same old stuff repackaged. Was hoping dre and them woulda taken their billions and invested it into some r&d and quality control. Was hoping these woulda been different.......oh well.

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:04 PM Post #37 of 167
Quote:
So this launch is just a ploy by Monster to see if they got it right?

I don't understand what you mean by that.

I'm just saying, like Doc, that Monster has spun off the Beats by Dre brand and they will still continue to manufacture them (like Nike does Jordan brand as he brought up).  So they can bring out other headphones without hurting that brand and it's recognition. 

Oct 25, 2012 at 7:19 PM Post #38 of 167
Do these leak as much as the Studios? I don't know if this was ever addressed. If these are meant to be a noise cancelling headphone, they should correct the problem the Studios had. 

Oct 26, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #39 of 167
Quote:
Do these leak as much as the Studios? I don't know if this was ever addressed. If these are meant to be a noise cancelling headphone, they should correct the problem the Studios had. 

Absolutely not!  I owned the Studios for a little over a year.  The Executives are a huge improvement over the Studios and are on par with the Bose QC15s as far as sound leakage goes.  On my galaxy S3 I can turn my volume up to around 85% before my wife can fully understand what I'm listening to; and that's her sitting in the bed right next to me.  At around 75% she can't hear anything worth mentioning.  I usually listen at around 65 - 70%, so this is great for me. At 50% on the Studios my wife would be complaining.  Hope this answers your question.

Oct 26, 2012 at 12:38 PM Post #40 of 167
Oct 29, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #42 of 167
diddn't you hear the public hates clean sounding bass. they like the muddy, unbearable, over compressed sound of bass, the bass that just feels like compressed air shooting in your ears after each beat.

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #43 of 167

I thought HTC bought controlling stake in Beats and are now producing them them selves.

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:03 AM Post #44 of 167
i managed to try out the Monster Vektr 2 days ago, and they actually sound good, not too muddy and not too harsh, but then it is about 75% overpriced imo, (although not nearly as bad as the previous beats where it was 300% overpriced)
the styling however... is purely preference *coughs*

Oct 30, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #45 of 167
I thought HTC bought controlling stake in Beats and are now producing them them selves.

HTC bought 51% of the company then turned around soon after and sold back half of it. They don't make beats just like chrysler or HP computers also don't make them. They all just use the little
b0d5d16c_image.jpeg
on their products to sell more..

I am not sure who is producing them now honestly because supposedly the contract with monster is up (was a 5 year deal). So monster is out of the picture (and never "owned" beats at all, just made them under contract).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back