Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Oct 19, 2012 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 167

KodaO

100+ Head-Fier
So sadly, I was able to demo a pair of the new Beats that my friend bought yesterday...

Garbage. Monster just can't seem to grasp that bass isn't good after a certain extent.

They also need batteries for the "active noise cancelation" which in my opinion is worse on these cans than the Studios. In my point of view, they are just another noise canceling can that didn't get it right.

Avoid the Executives...

Oct 19, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #4 of 167
split.. and Beats drop down to audiophile hell, while monster continue to make good cables, just a tad more expensive

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 167

Costume Jewelry is expensive these days!

Oct 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM Post #6 of 167
Quote:
These are supposed to be strictly Beats headphones not Monster. I never hear them but Beat's and Monster split up about 10 months ago.

An interview with Noel Lee founder of Monster just last week seems to speak of things contrary to this. So is Monster going 
to directly compete against Beats now?

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #7 of 167
Quote:
So sadly, I was able to demo a pair of the new Beats that my friend bought yesterday...
Garbage. Monster just can't seem to grasp that bass isn't good after a certain extent.
They also need batteries for the "active noise cancelation" which in my opinion is worse on these cans than the Studios. In my point of view, they are just another noise canceling can that didn't get it right.
Avoid the Executives...

Please don't take my comment as picking a fight.  If you are going to say bad things about a manufacture and their products, please get your facts straight first.  It doesn't make you sound credible when you have the basics wrong.

Starting a new thread titled "Beats Executive - another disappointment" to say your demoing experience is a bit harsh don't you think?  Why not just say it in other Beats Executive threads like everyone else?

Oct 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #9 of 167
Everyone has the freedom to start a new thread on what subject they like on here, headphone- wise. I've started a few threads when I've felt strongly enough about something and yes I could have posted on the appropriate thread, but there's no rules there my friend. The beats do get a fair amount of stick on here and it is probably not deserved to the extent that it is. I've only heard one model (their most popular), but that was enough for me to see(hear) that they are a Macdonalds of the headphone market.

Oct 20, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #11 of 167
Quote:
Everyone has the freedom to start a new thread on what subject they like on here, headphone- wise. I've started a few threads when I've felt strongly enough about something and yes I could have posted on the appropriate thread, but there's no rules there my friend. The beats do get a fair amount of stick on here and it is probably not deserved to the extent that it is. I've only heard one model (their most popular), but that was enough for me to see(hear) that they are a Macdonalds of the headphone market.

But nobody here starts a thread saying they hate any other headphone they just demoed; why should Beats be the exception?

And Monster doesn't get their bass wrong. I learned that with the Turbine Pro series. But the people that buy Beats typically don't care about bass decay, so Monster didn't bother. Not that that's relevant to the topic anyway because Monster didn't make these.

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 167
I also tried a pair and can say the sound quality is still the same, but the build quality was actually good and felt more like there asking price, but the same cannot be said for the sound.

Oct 21, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #14 of 167
Quote:
I should be able to demo a pair after my cousin buys them.. I'm not quite sure what he sees in his Beats.. Hmm.

Beats me..
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back