Beats Executive... Another disappointment
Aug 12, 2014 at 2:30 AM Post #151 of 167

@MacedonianHero

Dude, if you get the chance - give the new beats solo2 an audition - I think you'll appreciate these cans as a very good portable set of cans that represent the most up to date evolution of the beats sound signature, that while retaining decent bass is probably beats most "neutral " cans to date, resulting in a can that has ability for broad appeal to many music genres
wink.gif

+1

+2

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #152 of 167
I might just do that. A bit back on topic, after having heard 2 pairs of the Executives, that loud horrible hiss has been tamed quite a bit and is actually quite acceptable now.

Aug 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #153 of 167
the new beats are v comfy...wished some of the Headfi brands could match the styling n comfort of these.

soundwise... good enuf for movies? n some hiphop... from a quick audition...dun shoot me !

Aug 13, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #154 of 167
I might just do that. A bit back on topic, after having heard 2 pairs of the Executives, that loud horrible hiss has been tamed quite a bit and is actually quite acceptable now.

Take out the ANC and the hiss becomes even less noticeable (or better yet, bypass the circuit altogether)! You're better off with it disabled anyway.

Aug 13, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #155 of 167
Take out the ANC and the hiss becomes even less noticeable (or better yet, bypass the circuit altogether)! You're better off with it disabled anyway.
care to post step by step instructions then lol?

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:36 PM Post #156 of 167
Aug 15, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #157 of 167
Despite the overwhelming disappointment on SQ on this  site, Beats will remain a product success. There is just no substitute for the ultimate fashion statement. I wonder just how many kids have been mugged to have their prized Beats removed? I am also guessing that a pair of Senn HD600's walking through the hood would get no recognition at all.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:06 PM Post #158 of 167
  Despite the overwhelming disappointment on SQ on this  site, Beats will remain a product success. There is just no substitute for the ultimate fashion statement. I wonder just how many kids have been mugged to have there prized Beats removed? I am also guessing that a pair of Senn HD600's walking through the hood would get no recognition at all.

Your ears will get all the recognition though, from all the external noise you'll be able to hear when using the HD600.

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:36 PM Post #159 of 167
Beats solo2's are now on the innerfidelity wall of fame, and Tyll even said he liked them more than the V-Moda XS and Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Check it out!
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent

Aug 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM Post #160 of 167
Beats solo2's are now on the innerfidelity wall of fame, and Tyll even said he liked them more than the V-Moda XS and Sennheiser Momentum on-ear. Check it out!
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/time-rethink-beats-solo2-excellent

Interesting review. I briefly listened to all the Beats models at an Apple store. I found the Pro's to be very uncomfortable as well. The cups were not deep enough for me. Very heavy also. I do not recall anything specific concerning the Solo2's. I will have to give them another listen to give them a fair shake. Thanks for the link to the review.

Dec 8, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #164 of 167
guys sorry for replying to this old thread :D but i think ive found a solution to remove the hiss in the speaker without loosing its not much noticeable anc and without loosing the  build in amp :D xD

i was tired of my executives with this his so i startet to look for the chips and so on i found the main chip with the amp and anc build in  and i found the datasheet for it :D after long searching i found 2 points behind the anc and before the 2 contact points come from the output on the circuit to the speaker that dont have this brain****in hiss :D
this two points are the + for right and one for left speaker :D 
maybe some one with some time and a executive laying around want to test this too :D
here is a picture

NOTE:   NOT the left point on the lower side of the picture ! the right one marked on the picture is the one that delivers the right channel !

EbQG9J9.jpg

pls let me know if u can hear some difference in sound quality after this mod :D i dont hear a difference only the quietness when i hear on lower volume or without any sound :D because this hiss is gone

I am not responsible for any damage you do to yourself or your headphones ! this will void your guarantee ! do it at your own risk !

http://imgur.com/EbQG9J9

Mar 6, 2022 at 4:20 AM Post #165 of 167
Maybe when I have time.
CRAP I completely forgor 💀

Beats Executive wiring.jpg
IMG_0115.JPG

My lazy method that reuses all original wiring

To remove ANC, disconnect the L and R mic wires.

To bypass the circuit altogether:
  • Disconnect "L spk +" and solder it to "L in"
  • Disconnect "R in" and solder it to "R spk +"
  • Disconnect both "L spk -" and "GND", then solder both wires to "R spk -"
guys sorry for replying to this old thread :D but i think ive found a solution to remove the hiss in the speaker without loosing its not much noticeable anc and without loosing the build in amp :D xD

i was tired of my executives with this his so i startet to look for the chips and so on i found the main chip with the amp and anc build in and i found the datasheet for it :D after long searching i found 2 points behind the anc and before the 2 contact points come from the output on the circuit to the speaker that dont have this brain****in hiss :D.
this two points are the + for right and one for left speaker :D
maybe some one with some time and a executive laying around want to test this too :D
here is a picture

NOTE: NOT the left point on the lower side of the picture ! the right one marked on the picture is the one that delivers the right channel !

EbQG9J9.jpg

pls let me know if u can hear some difference in sound quality after this mod :D i dont hear a difference only the quietness when i hear on lower volume or without any sound :D because this hiss is gone

I am not responsible for any damage you do to yourself or your headphones ! this will void your guarantee ! do it at your own risk !

http://imgur.com/EbQG9J9
Wow I never thought of doing it this way! Alas my power switch broke just today actually, so unless I replace the switch, the internal amp is out of commission.

Looking through these old photos, I noticed that the PCB I worked with some 8 years ago looks quite different, sporting what appears to be dual amp ICs (i.e. one per channel)

5645638.jpg

Not unlike the OG Beats Studios. In fact, the PCB above looks like they just flipped the one below upside down and moved some components around to accommodate one more hole!

monsterbeatscropped.jpg

I vaguely recall that the Executives were released mid-Monster breakup. Could there be two versions in existence; one with a Monster circuit and one with a Beats circuit?

Edit:
I haven't had the chance to compare the Tours or Mixrs pre and post-split, and from what I heard from a JB HiFi (kinda like Australian version of Best Buy) employee, Beats temporarily recalled the Executives (which were released pre-split I think) so they could replace it with a truly non-Monster version.

I guess we'll never know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back