Beats by Dre
Sep 11, 2011 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 180

TheChronic

New Head-Fier
What is your opinion of people wearing beats headphones wherever they go and thinking they look cool?

I laugh so hard on the inside knowing that even my $100 V Moda headphones are so much better.

Sep 11, 2011 at 1:38 PM Post #4 of 180
i would buy them just to have friends compare them to better cans... however they are overpriced and cheaply made. 

the plastic is cheap as hell and they are easily broken (the exception is the Beats Pro which are built like a tank)...

the sound quality on all of them is mediocre at best (regular beats are easily outperformed by $80 dollar grados). muddy bloaty bass which isn't even all that good, recessed mids, virtually no highs... the beats pro sound a tad bit better (compare to hd 650s sound signature but extremely recessed mids, and an overall dryer and muddier sound as well as being less dynamic.)  but definitely are not worth the $400 dollar price tag as any audiophile can over 250 will cream them even if you amp the beats and play the audiophile can on an ipod.

finally, they aren't the most comfortable cans, they are mostly a fashion accessory like skull candy and are expensive because of the dr. dre label/style

people only buy them because they are uninformed of higher end products which best buy and other major retailers don't carry.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #6 of 180

Quote:
i would buy them just to have friends compare them to better cans... however they are overpriced and cheaply made. 

the plastic is cheap as hell and they are easily broken (the exception is the Beats Pro which are built like a tank)...

the sound quality on all of them is mediocre at best (regular beats are easily outperformed by $80 dollar grados). muddy bloaty bass which isn't even all that good, recessed mids, virtually no highs... the beats pro sound a tad bit better (compare to hd 650s sound signature but extremely recessed mids, and an overall dryer and muddier sound as well as being less dynamic.)  but definitely are not worth the $400 dollar price tag as any audiophile can over 250 will cream them even if you amp the beats and play the audiophile can on an ipod.

finally, they aren't the most comfortable cans, they are mostly a fashion accessory like skull candy and are expensive because of the dr. dre label/style

people only buy them because they are uninformed of higher end products which best buy and other major retailers don't carry.

Actually, that's unfortunately not true, depending on what you mean by your last statement.  The amount of education it would take to get someone who currently loves Beats to get over them is no small task.  If you simply mean they aren't aware other products exist, I don't think you'd get any traction there.  I doubt you're going to impress most of those people with a pair of Grados.  They're going to say "meh, there's no bass".  Clarity and balance aren't important.  These are probably the same people with stock speakers in their car but four 12"s in the trunk.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #8 of 180
It gets worse.  The 2011 Chrysler 300s has the "Beats" audio system as an option.  
confused.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 180
STOP THE PRESSES!!!!!

What's all this about? Dr. Dre makes headphones?????

Sep 11, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 180
I honestly find "monster" the company that makes these as well as loads of appaling rip off products really really irritating...

I think they should be exposed for the frauds they are and banned from trading....

Some of the cables they sell are just such an appaling rip off I really feel sorry for people stupid enough to buy them

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #14 of 180
Quote:
I honestly find "monster" the company that makes these as well as loads of appaling rip off products really really irritating...

I think they should be exposed for the frauds they are and banned from trading....

Some of the cables they sell are just such an appaling rip off I really feel sorry for people stupid enough to buy them

Monster actually has a reputation for being reasonably accurate about their specs and build quality among the pro community, at least for the gear targeting high-end use.

Some of the members of trade, not so much.

Sure, Monster sells at a premium, but their prices are lower than some of the insane stuff that goes on in the high-end audiophile community.  Could you please point to a Monster product where the price is completely out-of-line with the market, or with dishonest specs?

If you think Monster cables are expensive, audiophile cables will give you a seizure.

Sep 11, 2011 at 4:10 PM Post #15 of 180
they do look ill son. your just jelly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back