Beats By Dre: The Secrets
Nov 30, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #151 of 173
From a business point of view, the Beats are excellent products. They appeal and sell, with little opposition. That's the whole point, good for Monster for doing such a good job. However, this is not a business forum, and as an audiophile [and therefore picky about sound quality in specific] network, we should not consider how popular a product is, only the comfort and the aural delight we receive from it. 

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #152 of 173

Quote:
From a business point of view, the Beats are excellent products. They appeal and sell, with little opposition. That's the whole point, good for Monster for doing such a good job. However, this is not a business forum, and as an audiophile [and therefore picky about sound quality in specific] network, we should not consider how popular a product is, only the comfort and the aural delight we receive from it. 

Well said. It's so easy to sway into the FOTM and popularity contests for all things subjectively good and bad.

Dec 2, 2010 at 8:16 PM Post #154 of 173

Quote:
I never tried a beast’s product but I think that is absolutely right. Beast product requires less maintenance cost. However, its market nowadays is not very in-demand.

Beats.  LOL Monster Beasts

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #158 of 173

Quote:
I'm not a fan of hip-hop and "mainstream" music either, but I would say that the only genres you can rightfully call 'not music' are the more-than-not synthesized / computer generated / techno or whatever. Sure, sometimes its fun/catchy to listen to, but I sure as hell wouldn't call it music.

Oh come on, who, in this day and age, can still say electronic music isn't music? I thought we were past that. Open mindedness is overrated, right? Oh well, ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Dec 3, 2010 at 12:31 PM Post #159 of 173

Sorry that was a poor example, Cars are a poor example in general. I think fashion would be more akin to headphones. 

Using that then, senn/beyer are Hugo Boss/Saville Row and monster(the Dre stuff) are Ed Hardy(assuming you think Ed Hardy is tacky, cheap and nasty with no depth of quality just image!)!

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #161 of 173
Quote:
To say music you don't like isn't really music is just silly. 

Quote:
Oh come on, who, in this day and age, can still say electronic music isn't music? I thought we were past that. Open mindedness is overrated, right? Oh well, ignorance is bliss, I suppose.

Best statements in this thread so far. We're like trying to compare Mendelssohn to BB King. Just learn to appreciate the music, but don't just judge the whole genre because of the popular songs. How often do you hear works of art on MTV anyways? I usually just see brats

Dec 3, 2010 at 1:56 PM Post #162 of 173

Quote:

I receive much aural delight out of my Monster Beats Solo HDs. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #163 of 173
I've heard mixed things about the Solos. I tried to try them out at that audiophile store in Manhattan, but they snapped. I never got around to listening to them. 

Dec 4, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #164 of 173

Quote:
Quote:

I receive much aural delight out of my Monster Beats Solo HDs. 

I totally agree, my Solo HDs are great travelling companions!  They have a tonality that i find really enjoyable , acoustic guitars sound lush on them. People say they excell at hip hop but i think they are amazing with Bright Eyes, Evan Dando, Shins etc.

Dec 4, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #165 of 173
That article is hilariously awful.  Someone who produces modern loudness war-ed music is complaining about the decline of SQ.  I wonder whose fault that is...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back