Beats by Dre Studio vs Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Dec 31, 2013 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jackqjkjk

New Head-Fier
I am looking to buy  a good pair of headphones, I know that the Studios are a lot more expensive but they are currently on sale for the same price at best buy. I do care about style, but I care about sound quality more.  

Dec 31, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #2 of 9
Most folks here would say Senn all day long. Basically, if you want to have strong bass and listen to...wait for it.....beats. Then go Beats. If you want a more subdued and balanced sound that some may consider "veiled" go HD280. 

Dec 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM Post #3 of 9
  I am looking to buy  a good pair of headphones, I know that the Studios are a lot more expensive but they are currently on sale for the same price at best buy. I do care about style, but I care about sound quality more.  

Save a few dollars, Gemini HSR-1000 (Takstar Pro 80) headphones, $50-$60.

Jan 1, 2014 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 9
  What about Audio Techinca Ath M-50? I heard they are "the best for under 200".

The ATH-M50s are good bassy music headphones, when you buy then new for $125.
The ATH-M50's bass overshadows the mid range/vocal and the ATH-M50 are not considered good headphones for surround sound.
If the Gemini's had "Sony" printed on them, they would sell for around $150.

Jan 1, 2014 at 6:57 PM Post #7 of 9
  Where would you find the Takstar Pro 80 for $50, because on amazon they are $115 (I live in Canada)

Canada vs USA prices?
Look up "Gemini HSR-1000', this headphones is sold under several different names.
Try looking up on eBay, if you have ebay.

Jan 2, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #8 of 9
I can second the ATH-M50 recommendation. They are a bit bass heavy and the soundstage/surround is not as broad as some of the other options. But, overall they are excellent phones. I am listening to mine now. Compare them to a $250 set and you can barely tell a difference. Compare them with $50 or $75 options and they blow the socks off anything else I have tried. Soundstage and surround sound is not that big of a deal to me as I listen to mostly rock/blues with the occasional dubstep and a few easy listening. I don't game with mine and I don't mix myself. So, for me they are almost perfect.

Edit:

I have found that the m50s sound noticeably better when all sound modification is turned off. MaxxAudio that was loaded on my pc must be off as well as the equalizer. ITunes equalizer and sound enhancer are both off as well. The only sound modification I am using is a volume leveler to keep certain songs from blowing my head off unexpectedly.

Along those same lines, digital playback needs to be turned up to as high a bitrate as possible. All that has made my m50 sound loads better. At first I felt like the bass was rattling my eyeballs after an hour or so. Not a problem now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back