Beats by dre solo problems
Oct 19, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #16 of 36

Quote:
IF a wire doesn't make good enough connectivity( which happens when they are as bad of a build quality as even REAL beats then the side will stopp working.

Which wire are you talking about, cause I tried the wire for my beats, on my friends and it worked for him, so I guess the problem is internal to the headphone.

Is it fixable though, cause I literally just got them yesterday and there is no warranty

I guess I could probably just sell the parts for the price I got the phone's for 

but still...

Oct 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #18 of 36

Quote:
If you have a headphone amp, you can test the wire out.

If the wires work, then it's the drivers. 

[size=medium]
The wire worked with my amp and my other headphones

So that means it's the drivers?

Are those the things powering the headphones themselves?

I see a wire which runs from one side of the headphone to the other, could it be this wire?

Sorry but could you please clairfy

thanks,
[/size]

Oct 19, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #19 of 36
It means that there's nothing wrong with the detachable wire. The problem with the headphones exist within the phones themselves.

The only way to fix the problem is to open it up and fix it from there, but the price to salvage a counterfeit model doesn't seem to be worth it.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:11 PM Post #21 of 36

Quote:
Which wire are you talking about, cause I tried the wire for my beats, on my friends and it worked for him, so I guess the problem is internal to the headphone.

Is it fixable though, cause I literally just got them yesterday and there is no warranty

I guess I could probably just sell the parts for the price I got the phone's for 

but still...

Yes  it's fixable it just means the solder points have come lose.  I used the wrong terminology sorry. I wouldn't trust you to hand fix them by the way, not saying you couldn't do it, because it is a fairly easy fix once you get them dismantled. It the taking them apart and knowing how to get them back together.

Oct 19, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 36

Quote:

Yes  it's fixable it just means the solder points have come lose.  I used the wrong terminology sorry. I wouldn't trust you to hand fix them by the way, not saying you couldn't do it, because it is a fairly easy fix once you get them dismantled. It the taking them apart and knowing how to get them back together.

I emailed a pro about it, waiting for the price quote

hope its cheap

Oct 20, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #23 of 36

Quote:
why do you think their counterfeit?

Because of the way you got them. It is extremely easy to find sites that sells fake monster phones in bulk. The person you got it from could have gotten it from an unauthorized dealer, which may be selling fakes.

I see people selling bose IEM and monster IEM for about $50 daily on craig's list, that's why it's always dangerous to buy headphones that are flavor of the month from someone you don't know.

Oct 20, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #24 of 36
This is what the pro guy said

'Hi, It is more than likely a burned out driver. Not worth fixing it in my opinion.
I would look at it for you for free if you want.
It will cost you $20 to disassemble it to check out the wires or the driver.
If it is the wires and if they can be fixed I will fix it for the same $20 the first time'

== He has not looked at the phones yet

Is it worth it to pay the 20$ to check, in your opinion?

Oct 31, 2010 at 12:58 AM Post #26 of 36
Thanks for the help everybody

I've now succesfully sold these headphones for 100$, a  profit of 60$

Now I can get some real headphones
dt880smile.png

Dec 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #30 of 36
I had a similar problem with my in ear Beats headphones. Sound was coming out both headphones, but it was really bad quality and very soft. Couldn't hear vocal much.

I cut off the headphone jack and soldered a new 4 pole headphone jack on that I got off ebay. Works like new!

First Solution: I assume your problem would be the same. I would buy a new cable for 10-15$ on ebay.

Second Solution: If that didn't work, my next assumption would be that the cables going from one headphone to the other might have been shorted out somehow. You could cut that cable and solder them back together if the cable replacement doesn't work.

Third Solution : If that doesn't work, your problem would be in the female headphone jack. The one that plugs into the headphone(NOT the cable). and you can get those on ebay for about 15$ or so. maybe less.

Hope this helps!

One of these solutions will fix your problem. I would start with the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back