Beats by dr.dre tour real or fake
Aug 1, 2011 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

kurosagi01

New Head-Fier
Hello i have recently purchased a pair of Beats by dr.dre earphones off ebay(yeah...) and the person sold it saying its real because its got the serial number.

I have received it today and it came in the "fake" box and i have seen many videos people saying dr.dre face is faded,there be spelling mistakes,no "tm" logo. Text is very faded or like dark greyish font.
The box need be brighter red,the "sound matter" inside the box faded,the inside packaging supposed to be black? The manual/warranty in fake have studio.
The monster logo isn't aligned properly and theres no serial number.

Well i am in a bit of a confusion state right now as a guy on youtube has opposite of the box part.
Such as the flappy bit of the box is different to new ones and the inside of box is white,and he has confirmed they are real by monster.
I don't have real or fake to make a comparison
My problem is for the ones i have purchased are:
Dr dre face is clear as day light and not extremely dark or faded.
No spelling mistakes
There is tm on tour and beats writing.
I have the flappy opened style not the newer one where it completely open
Box is smaller
The silver chrome on ear piece has no chip mark on the "b" of beats
The chrome itself shines(hard to tell)
Also the monster on the cable isn't breaking apart nor the writing is misaligned,also there is a bit of red below on the "ons" Also fake ones you can pull that bit off and see black piece underneath it,i can't do that on the pairs i bought
The manual and warranty has the real ones not the studio.
The carrier bag has the big packet with the correct ear buds, 2 round ones and 3rd on the earphone itself and 2 cones and not small bags
I also have serial number on the earphones,you can feel it and see it in light clearly and not faded

I have yet to test sound quality because i am thinking of returning them but i am a bit confused if they are actually real but older generation of the tours.

Thats best way i can describe the ones i have,are mine real but the older generation or are they fake??

Advice be much appreciate thanks.

Aug 1, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #2 of 10
I'd say contact monster and ask for advice from them, after all they are the ones who made the earphones. Although after what I've read about the tours, I'd return them and get something else instead, but since you bought the tours then the beats brand name would probably be of value to you and worth the price tag.

Good luck 
atsmile.gif

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:49 PM Post #6 of 10
They are monster, buying the fakes V.s. the real has only a slight difference in sound and build quality. Some fakes are said to not break as easily as everything else made by monster.

Aug 2, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #9 of 10
I can't comment on all fakes but I had a pair and the sound was that of something you would get at the dollar store. Completely worthless and I wound up throwing them away. I later bought a set of Tours from the Monster Outlet Store and the difference is night and day. While some may not like the sound signature or the price vs. performance aspect of Beats in general, the legitimate Tour at least produces a decent sound. The fakes do not. I wonder how many people have been turned off by thinking the fakes and the real Beats are the same and manufactured the same way at the same factory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back