Beats by Dr. Dre Pro From Monster worth £115/$179 refurbished?
Dec 8, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 38

Quote:
Never heard the XB1000, but if you liked the XB700, I assume you'd like the XB1000 as well.

I might like the JH16's too but that doesn't make them "bang-for-buck"
I just don't want to be sold an over-rated product.

ie. beats pro's priced at £400 = that's just stupid.
Beats pro's at £150, or denon d2000's = now that's smart.

I'll look into the XB1000's thanks for the suggestion, completely forgot about those cushions :D!!!

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #19 of 38
You have to consider that when you pay the full price for beats pro ($449.99 USD), you are partially paying for the brand/appearance. However, when you buy the refurbished ones for $249.99, you are going to get headphones worth way over that price. The only complaints that I have heard regarding the beats pro is that they are bulky and awkward in public (as you explained earlier, this probably won't be a problem for you). You should try to find somewhere like a Best Buy to listen to them. The bass is incredible and I just ordered a refurbished pair; should be well worth it. 

Summarized: 

449: probably not worth it
249: definitely worth it!

If you have time, you can message me later about this. I'll get them by december 17th and be able to tell you what they're like refurbished vs new, because I know how hard it is to find information about the refurbished pairs. 

Good luck!

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #20 of 38
Just tried Beats Pro today. If you dont need detail, they were good. I actually enjoyed them and they wear very nicely on the head. But if you like a bit of sparkle and atmosphere/soundstage I would not choose them.

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:17 AM Post #22 of 38
249 is still waaay too much for Beats Pro and what they represent - the HD25 sound way better to me. I liked even the hd25sp more.

for about 300 you can get used HD650 and thats the way to go if you want good headphones with bass

Dec 10, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #23 of 38

Quote:
249 is still waaay too much for Beats Pro and what they represent - the HD25 sound way better to me. I liked even the hd25sp more.

for about 300 you can get used HD650 and thats the way to go if you want good headphones with bass

My experience is the complete opposite.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:29 AM Post #25 of 38

Quote:
You have to consider that when you pay the full price for beats pro ($449.99 USD), you are partially paying for the brand/appearance. However, when you buy the refurbished ones for $249.99, you are going to get headphones worth way over that price. The only complaints that I have heard regarding the beats pro is that they are bulky and awkward in public (as you explained earlier, this probably won't be a problem for you). You should try to find somewhere like a Best Buy to listen to them. The bass is incredible and I just ordered a refurbished pair; should be well worth it. 

Summarized: 

449: probably not worth it
249: definitely worth it!

If you have time, you can message me later about this. I'll get them by december 17th and be able to tell you what they're like refurbished vs new, because I know how hard it is to find information about the refurbished pairs. 

Good luck!

I would love to hear, and listen (lol) to your opinion!
Please post them here or direct me to a thread you create :)
That would be greatly appreciated!

Dec 10, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #26 of 38
the xb1000 arnt very good you are better off with the 700s

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM Post #28 of 38
I have the D2000s and have heard the Beats Pro briefly. I was surprised that they didn't sound that bad, really. They were definitely bass heavy, but not in a horrible way. Still, the D2000 is superior in almost every way, and measurements seem to back that up. Considering I got my D2000s for $250, and the Beats Pros were $400, there was no contest. Now, at the same price, I would still easily recommend the D2000 over the Beats Pro, but it really comes down to personal taste in the end. 

Here are the measurements I'm talking about, by the way:

D2000
Beats Pro

The D2000s have a nice full, dynamic, fun sound with slightly boomy bass (can still be very tight and punchy), slightly recessed mids, and sparkly treble. It's not quite neutral, but it's also closer than a lot of other headphones. They have an awesome soundstage for a closed headphone. You'd think they were open headphones! I haven't heard many other headphones priced around $250, but I'd say they're some of the best headphones you can get around that price.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #29 of 38

Quote:
I have the D2000s and have heard the Beats Pro briefly. I was surprised that they didn't sound that bad, really. They were definitely bass heavy, but not in a horrible way. Still, the D2000 is superior in almost every way, and measurements seem to back that up. Considering I got my D2000s for $250, and the Beats Pros were $400, there was no contest. Now, at the same price, I would still easily recommend the D2000 over the Beats Pro, but it really comes down to personal taste in the end. 

Here are the measurements I'm talking about, by the way:

D2000
Beats Pro

The D2000s have a nice full, dynamic, fun sound with slightly boomy bass (can still be very tight and punchy), slightly recessed mids, and sparkly treble. It's not quite neutral, but it's also closer than a lot of other headphones. They have an awesome soundstage for a closed headphone. You'd think they were open headphones! I haven't heard many other headphones priced around $250, but I'd say they're some of the best headphones you can get around that price.

Many thanks for the links plus comments!

Dec 20, 2011 at 8:01 AM Post #30 of 38
I haven't had the chance to listen these 2 again :frowning2:

I have been looking around and still D2000's seem like the better buy, saying that they are £200-230

I looked into the beats Pro's and even the DETOX's, and they can be as low as £130 (hopefully not fakes) as these, if bought will be bough ton ebay, but the guy has serial numbers + got them from hmv, as his friend is a staff there...

Very hard to choose, or let alone think if I REALLY need them, as I use them at home only really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back