Beard-Fi
Oct 6, 2009 at 1:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

TopPop

Headphoneus Supremus
We had our first frost here in Illinois a couple of nights ago, so it got me thinking: anyone working on his fall/winter coat yet? I'm going on nearly three weeks now... it's coming in nicely. I have to shave it off in a couple of weeks, unfortunately, but I'll probably bring it back straightaway, and maybe even go all the way through the winter from that point.

Here's a pic from several years ago, at about 4 or 5 months, to set the mood:

DSCF0604.jpg

Nothing like a healthy face-forest to chase away the winter blues, eh?
beerchug.gif

Post your manly man-mug moss, and be proud.

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 77
Oh, come on now... I know there are some beardly beards out there!

beard.gif
msn1.gif
beard.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 77
Come on Doug it'd be great to know what ya look like.

Here I am modeling my IE8's, obviously the Gitty Goatee is only for attractin' the ladieeees and not to keep me warm.

P1000832.jpg

Oct 6, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #6 of 77
I thought about growing back the Amish Outlaw, but recently noticed increasing amounts of silver stubble popping up.

I'm not one for Grecian Formula, so it might be best to head back over to the wet shaving thread.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 5:12 AM Post #9 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nice and dense that moss of yours, Mr. TopPop.

Thank ya kindly. It might reach its way there again this winter... with more pics to follow, of course.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
TopPop...anyone ever say you look like Eddie Rabbitt?

rabbitt_eddie.jpg

Sweeeeet...

Quote:

Originally Posted by priest /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Who knew TopPop was such a handsome guy?

Well, I sure didn't.

Oct 7, 2009 at 8:26 AM Post #11 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not beard growing season for me yet.

Course it is. Octobeard. We're alreaady 7 days in.

I have been growing one for about 3 weeks, though more out of laziness than anything else. I'm probably going to shave in about a week. It just gets annoying after about a month. Can't do it.

Oct 7, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #12 of 77
Man I'd so grow a beard if I could, but alas, I'm Asian.

What is it with Asian genes and being hairless anyway? I shave like once a month and that's only to make myself feel like more of a man hahaha lame.

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #13 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been growing one for about 3 weeks, though more out of laziness than anything else. I'm probably going to shave in about a week. It just gets annoying after about a month. Can't do it.

There's definitely a threshold, though. It might be different for every guy, but there comes a point where all of the itchiness goes away, and it's long enough that it just feels comfortable on your face (although warm).

Oct 7, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #14 of 77
I would gladly join Beard-Fi, but there is barely any growing on my chin. Im soon 26 and all that grows is sparse high-school bristle. And I so much wanted a beard when I was a kid... *big beardless man crying*
frown.gif

Only thing that I can somewhat grow is a slight soulpatch. I guess its better than nothing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2009 at 3:23 PM Post #15 of 77
If I let mine grow I just look like one of those Che wannabes.

I keep it down to a neat goatee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back