Be Aware of RHA Audio
Jan 13, 2021 at 6:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

murraycherry

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I would like to share my experience with RHA Audio. Be Aware of RHA Audio, DO NOT buy anything from them.

RHA provide 3 years warranty for CL2.

My CL2 purchased in Jan 2019. The MMCX connector fell off from my CL2 since the glue fell off recently. I requested RHA to repair it, but they refused to do so, they mentioned CL2 has been discontinue a year ago, they have no parts to repair. They refused to repair, send a new CL2 as a replacement or refund.

They said they can provide me a T20 wireless as a replacement. T20 is just half price of CL2, what's more I love my CL2.

This company is the worst headfi company I have ever met!

RHA Audio released CL2 in 2018, it's around 2.5 years since they launch, and they mentioned they have already discontinued it for nearly 1 year. That mean the warranty period is a joke.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:29 AM Post #2 of 10
European law is 2 years, if they have not respected the warranty as stated on their site you can put a complaints against them in whatever business body controls those things in scotland (i think their scottish...)

and if you think RHA is evil because they wont honor a 3 year warranty on a product that's 2.5 years in to 3 year warranty ?

Its a shame and they should at least offer a repair.

As for being the worst head-fi company, well you have IMR which stole close to half a million dollars from a kickstarter project paid for by their customers under the name Trinity Audio Engineering, closing the company leaving all their customers without warranty or support and then using the stolen money to set up IMR...

so RHA... they f up from time to time, but theres MUCH worst, i still dont understand how IMR is allowed to post and advertise on head-fi.

Jan 13, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #3 of 10
European law is 2 years, if they have not respected the warranty as stated on their site you can put a complaints against them in whatever business body controls those things in scotland (i think their scottish...)

and if you think RHA is evil because they wont honor a 3 year warranty on a product that's 2.5 years in to 3 year warranty ?

Its a shame and they should at least offer a repair.

As for being the worst head-fi company, well you have IMR which stole close to half a million dollars from a kickstarter project paid for by their customers under the name Trinity Audio Engineering, closing the company leaving all their customers without warranty or support and then using the stolen money to set up IMR...

so RHA... they f up from time to time, but theres MUCH worst, i still dont understand how IMR is allowed to post and advertise on head-fi.
Thanks for your reply.

I am very disappointed how they handle one of their flagship headphone.

It's hard to file a claim, I live in Hong Kong, but i will try it, thank you very much.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:23 AM Post #4 of 10
i think that the main problem is that a product in hong kong that is already 2.5 years old so it lost most of its residual value, would have to be shipped from hong kong to scotland passing through customs, then the cost to repair it, and then ship it back to Hong Kong and have it pass customs in Hong kong on the way back

So it would cost

- HK to Scotland transport
- Scottish customs tariffs,
- Repair costs
- Scotland to HK Transport
- Hong Kong customs tariffs

and they are only responsible for the repair costs, the others are usually paid for by the buyer. so while i dont agree with them rejecting a warranty repair, they might be doing you a favor.

I suspect that in the end, it would be much cheaper to have them repaired in any hong kong shop that specializes in recabling headphones.

UK Vat is 20% and add a 3.5 Customs duty charge, considering they cost 550 GBP right now, bringing those CL2 in to the UK for repair would cost shipping + around 120 gbp.. if i was RHA, i would send you a brand new pair of T20i´s as an apology, unless you want to be charged import taxes. .

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 3:59 PM Post #8 of 10
Did you purchase from authorized seller?

My experience with RHA support for CL2 was excellent. Little ring on mmcx connector fell off and replacement balanced cable was shipped to me for free internationally.

Jan 19, 2021 at 10:39 PM Post #9 of 10
My experience with RHA has actually been excellent. I had everything from their MA750's to their T20i's, but not their CL2's unfortunately. They've honored the three year warranty a few times (had the memory wire snap on the T10's) and they just shipped me new T20i's without me having to ship anything back.

Weird that they are complaining now...

Edit: Just checked, and looked like they discontinued most of their product range... well that sure is disappointing, I loved their older models a lot.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #10 of 10
i think that the main problem is that a product in hong kong that is already 2.5 years old so it lost most of its residual value, would have to be shipped from hong kong to scotland passing through customs, then the cost to repair it, and then ship it back to Hong Kong and have it pass customs in Hong kong on the way back

So it would cost

- HK to Scotland transport
- Scottish customs tariffs,
- Repair costs
- Scotland to HK Transport
- Hong Kong customs tariffs

and they are only responsible for the repair costs, the others are usually paid for by the buyer. so while i dont agree with them rejecting a warranty repair, they might be doing you a favor.

I suspect that in the end, it would be much cheaper to have them repaired in any hong kong shop that specializes in recabling headphones.

UK Vat is 20% and add a 3.5 Customs duty charge, considering they cost 550 GBP right now, bringing those CL2 in to the UK for repair would cost shipping + around 120 gbp.. if i was RHA, i would send you a brand new pair of T20i´s as an apology, unless you want to be charged import taxes. .

One doesn't have to pay additional VAT and customs duties for repair- and warranty-related replacement shipments; there's even a specific field for that stuff in the customs declaration form (well, both the customer (if the company doesn't handle that stuff and provides all of the required customs declaration and shipping documents) as well as the company would have to fill out the form correctly, though). Then again, in my experience some (even veteran) customs officers surprisingly aren't familiar (enough) with their job and the law, and are so stubborn that they keep relying on their false opinion of how things should be handled (fees and duties etc.) (interestingly this only really applies to local customs offices, which are usually the ones that a package is sent to, whereas the large, main customs facilities at the major airports (where the package is usually checked first) are aware of all of this).

Anyway, it is truly a shame that RHA haven't offered you a refund, product of similar value or coupon of the same value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back