Bay Area Meet
Aug 30, 2006 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 62

iamdone

Headphoneus Supremus
Please see the official thread HERE
UPDATED: Date set and location chosen. I believe Voltron will start another official Bay Area Meet thread (or merge this one) listing everyone who can attend and what equipment they are bringing.

Date: Saturday 14th October

Host and location:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame
My apartment complex has a 600+ sq ft activity room that I could use to host the meet.

I've put some photo's online to give you a better idea of what is on offer.

http://picasaweb.google.com/grahame....yAreaMeetVenue

The venue is located in Marin, close to 101 (from North / South) and the 580 Richmond Bridge (from the east)

Already on site there are -
Power wise there are 6 sockets - in three outlets.
table wise - 2 Trestle tables + 1 low coffee table
seat wise - 14 fold up chairs + 1 couch.

Cost wise though, its FREE (Technically, I have to provide a $75 deposit - but you're all house trained, right?)

There is guest parking, on the level, within 20 paces of the room.

Local supermarkets are close by for supplies.
Local eats - from inexpensive to high end.

Quote:

Vote Now!

Just a bump for the thread, and to encourage people who want to attend, to vote in the poll for their preferred date.

I'd like to fix the date (14th or 21st) in the next week or so, to ensure that the room is booked, and that someone will be responsible for an attendee list, equipment list, etc. before I go away, so that my absence doesn't hold things up.

The Ideal Timeline would be something like this...

This Week
Polling continues ... Word Spreads ... Interest Grows ...

Next Week
Polling closes ... Date Chosen ... Room Booked + Confirmed

Volunteers step forward to manage lists ...

New thread opened with title "Bay Area Meet, CONFIRMED - Marin <Date>",
or similar.

Attendee List and Equipment list managed as edited posts in new thread

Sept 19-29
I'm likely to be incommunicado, so talk amongst yourselves...

October
I return to find an impressive list of members, equipment, and no doubt questions.

I'd hope to answer any questions quickly - or just ask now if you have them.

With a rough head count we should know if we need to be looking at table / chair rental.

If any one has a truck that might help with moving things, if required

1 Week before - Things are pretty much organized - I PM directions etc,
still gives time for last minute stuff, after all

Quote:

With the polls showing the 14th in the lead, I've just booked and confirmed the room for "All Day" Saturday 14th October.

Monday I should get details on what "all day", and "returned to original condition" mean in terms of time + impact on us (Set up - + clearing the room etc.) Someone else has the room booked for "all day" Sunday - so I may be able to speak to them, if its possible to do a handover on the sunday.

Well volunteered Voltron!, consider this a rehersal for the 2007 international meet

Gentlemen, Start you engines!

Aug 30, 2006 at 4:04 PM Post #2 of 62
Please make this meet sometime in October.
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2006 at 4:14 PM Post #3 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
Please make this meet sometime in October.
biggrin.gif

I can't do the first weekend in October. It's my first wedding anniversary. I think any of the other weekends should work.

Aug 30, 2006 at 6:13 PM Post #4 of 62
We can't really reserve rooms on campus as we are not an official "club". However, most ofthe rooms are generally open, so we can use a room until someone kicks us out. This isn't that great of an option, but depending on how many people we'll have, I don't know if anyone's apartment will actually be large enough...

Aug 30, 2006 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 62
I would be very interested in attending such a meet, especially if it were held somewhere in the East Bay. I'm from Vacaville and it would be more convenient for me.

I can bring my MS-Pro's to add to the mix. It will be great to be able to try out all the top-end Grados in one place.

Aug 30, 2006 at 7:51 PM Post #6 of 62
I'm free on most weekends unless I have a paper to write or something, but otherwise I can attend a meet. I will bring my K1000 setup.

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:27 AM Post #8 of 62

Aug 31, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #9 of 62
Early congradulations on the 1 year anniversary iamdone!

I'm willing to give my signature for an official club.

Anyway, I'm flexible timewise as long as there's enough notice.

Aug 31, 2006 at 8:53 PM Post #10 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by granodemostasa
This is why i've been pressing to make us an official club
wink.gif
(it only takes four signitures).
Otherwise, my rig (whatever it may be by then) is availible.

then go ahead and start getting the paper work done...i'll sign

Sep 1, 2006 at 1:57 AM Post #11 of 62
I have to be in Santa Rosa (I think that's the name, near Napa) for business in October. If the dates work out I might be able to make it, if you have room.

Sep 1, 2006 at 6:50 PM Post #13 of 62
I have been meaning to strike up a discussion for a meet for October, so most likely count me in. We should figure out when Tyrion is going to be around and pick a different weekend, er, I mean, try to schedule when he is here!
lambda.gif
I suggest we try to get Gundam91's cousin's bubble tea place in San Mateo unless a spontaneous campus Head-Fi group sprouts at UC Berkeley in time to reserve a room there. I've got lots of stuff to bring, although my newly arrived but not even set up TT won't be among the traveling gear.
blink.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #14 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron
I have been meaning to strike up a discussion for a meet for October, so most likely count me in. We should figure out when Tyrion is going to be around and pick a different weekend, er, I mean, try to schedule when he is here!
lambda.gif
I suggest we try to get Gundam91's cousin's bubble tea place in San Mateo unless a spontaneous campus Head-Fi group sprouts at UC Berkeley in time to reserve a room there. I've got lots of stuff to bring, although my newly arrived but not even set up TT won't be among the traveling gear.
blink.gif

While I would love to attend, the date of my deposition may be changing. If it does, it will likely be after October so do it when it's convenient for those who will definitely be attending. Al, thanks for the consideration. I will keep an eye on the thread and if the date doesn't change, I will let you know.

Get that tt set up already.

Sep 1, 2006 at 7:03 PM Post #15 of 62
We will have a mini-meet when you are here no matter when, so we can set that up when you are firmly scheduled. Also, the TT just came in last night and although Todd had the cartridge mounted and the arm mostly ready to go, I didn't have enough time to figure out how to make the table with the upgrade motor/flywheel fit my rack! It's always something, but certainly a "new toy" thread will be forthcoming.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back