Battlefield 4
Sep 26, 2015 at 5:38 AM Post #317 of 329
   I just play floodzone now..had some decent games on here..p.s it's a no stinger igla server, that's why I am using cover and not running around dying out my ass from the chopper!

Do your hands get tired from spamming the spotting button so much? lol. 

Does anybody play this game on PC on here? I play pretty frequently, though I never have anyone to join me.

Sep 27, 2015 at 9:58 PM Post #319 of 329
  Man, Battlefield 4. It feels like so long ago that it came out. It's pretty freaking fun. Too bad I don't have anyone to play with anymore. 

Do you play on PC? I'd be up for playing almost any time.

Nov 10, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #322 of 329
  Should try lockers on the new 60Hz tick rate, way better shot registration :)

Yah I have been watching some footage and the netcode seems much smoother most of the time.  Of course 60Hz only helps if all the players have a good enough connection haha.  To be honest though now I just can't be bothered to reinstall BF4 because there are so many patches DLC etc. and for me I was never really keen on the movement mechanics and the whole run around with assault and throw around medkit gameplay lol.  That and there are like 3 or 4 populated servers left.  Not worth it.

Feb 6, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #323 of 329
So, what theme are you guys hoping for in the next BF? WW2 (1944)? Sci Fi (2143)? Modern Military (BF5)?

Personally, as long as it's not Hardline, I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind getting to see what all the 'Titan Mode' hype is about (I've only played BF on consoles).

Feb 6, 2016 at 3:20 PM Post #324 of 329
So, what theme are you guys hoping for in the next BF? WW2 (1944)? Sci Fi (2143)? Modern Military (BF5)?

Personally, as long as it's not Hardline, I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind getting to see what all the 'Titan Mode' hype is about (I've only played BF on consoles).

I was hoping for BF2143, especially with the subtle hints they dropped in past games (and BF4: End Game especially), but EA might see it as overlapping too much with Star Wars: Battlefront 3 right now. Then again, they let Medal of Modern happen at a time when Battlefield had effectively succeeded it as EA's flagship FPS franchise.

They could also just revisit Vietnam again, but it wasn't all that long ago when they released the BF:BC2 expansion. I doubt they'd make it the centerpiece of a new standalone game.

We have too many "modern warfare" FPSs right now, though. It's getting to the point where even WWII seems like a breath of fresh air, but the only time I'd want a BF1944 is if there's more emphasis on what BF1942: Secret Weapons of WWII brought to the table (jetpacks, experimental aircraft, stuff like that) right in the base game. That and more crazy naval battles like what the Midway map offered, but with better player physics on the bigger ships (lots of rubberbanding in BF1942 and even BF2142 with Titan Mode; if they take some cues from Star Citizen's physics grids, they can avoid that).

BF1943 also didn't help things much, mainly being a watered-down BF1942.

Likewise, I look back at BF2: Special Forces and the climbing ropes and ziplines that were introduced, only to largely go unused because everyone plays base BF2 instead, most likely NO VEHICLES, INFANTRY ONLY, STRIKE AT KARKAND because friggin' Karkand is the second most overplayed map this side of Wake Island (which at least has justification in being the BF1942 demo map of choice and thus what everyone played first).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back