Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared)
Jan 19, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #2,462 of 5,854
I had the K501 but there are many headphones I would take over them. I found they were enjoyable but on a technical level they just don't compare to the flagships or even the flagships of old in the DT880, HD650, etc. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,463 of 5,854
Thank you for this awesome review. One of the most extended I've ever saw. Nice DAC by the way.

Jan 20, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #2,464 of 5,854
Quote:
for me AKG 501 is off. very big off. sorry.

To each his own.

Quote:
I had the K501 but there are many headphones I would take over them. I found they were enjoyable but on a technical level they just don't compare to the flagships or even the flagships of old in the DT880, HD650, etc. 

On a technical level? Can you please be more precise? What makes DT880 for example better on a "technical level"? Or HD650 for that matter?

Jan 20, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #2,465 of 5,854
Jan 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM Post #2,466 of 5,854
it seems rather random to post this here, but since I'm the OP,  I figured it's a worthwhile thing to do....

I'm a huge Chick Corea fan (to my knowledge, I have a copy of everything he's ever done .... including all his sideman work).  For those familiar with his portfolio, that's a lot of music right there.  Last year he released a massive jazz/classic work on Deutsche Grammophon. I recommend it to every one because aside from being wonderfully recorded, it probably is the most significant work Chick's ever done and (IMHO) it probably is among the best CDs classical, jazz, rock or otherwise, that I've ever picked up.  

i listened to it 4 nights this week:)

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #2,467 of 5,854
Quote:
it seems rather random to post this here, but since I'm the OP,  I figured it's a worthwhile thing to do....

I'm a huge Chick Corea fan (to my knowledge, I have a copy of everything he's ever done .... including all his sideman work).  For those familiar with his portfolio, that's a lot of music right there.  Last year he released a massive jazz/classic work on Deutsche Grammophon. I recommend it to every one because aside from being wonderfully recorded, it probably is the most significant work Chick's ever done and (IMHO) it probably is among the best CDs classical, jazz, rock or otherwise, that I've ever picked up.  

Ordered this immediately.

Jan 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #2,469 of 5,854
Feel free to post in your own thread, LOL :)

I can appriciate this, because I (and probalby a lot of people with me) am always looking for good and well-recorded music. And since Deutsche Grammophon is well known for their well recorded records it is worth a try.
Funny, because yesterday I started listening to the albums you listed in the first post to see if there was something among it that I like but didn't know yet. Such postings are perfect to get to known new records. And even more fun when they are well-recorded. So keep posting them please!

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2,470 of 5,854
Ordered too ! thanks for advice :)

Jan 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #2,471 of 5,854
Quote:

Yaya I love Chick Corea as well. My dad introduced me to his music through his "Return to Forever" album. Beautiful music.

And although not the same, I like Hiromi Uehara's music as well.

^ so catchy to me

Jan 21, 2013 at 4:50 AM Post #2,472 of 5,854
Quote:

Thanks...we got 
smiley_thumb.gif
 your back as well!

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #2,473 of 5,854
Quote:
Ordered this immediately.

That's awesome Dave, let me know what you think:)
Quote:

+1

downloading now.

:) i hope you like it (it's not dubstep... lol) :)
Quote:
Feel free to post in your own thread, LOL :)

I can appriciate this, because I (and probalby a lot of people with me) am always looking for good and well-recorded music. And since Deutsche Grammophon is well known for their well recorded records it is worth a try.
Funny, because yesterday I started listening to the albums you listed in the first post to see if there was something among it that I like but didn't know yet. Such postings are perfect to get to known new records. And even more fun when they are well-recorded. So keep posting them please!

Oh I'm glad people are using it!  :) Maybe I should add a few more that I've used since posting the initial review, hmm..
Quote:
Ordered too ! thanks for advice :)

:) awesome!
Quote:
Yaya I love Chick Corea as well. My dad introduced me to his music through his "Return to Forever" album. Beautiful music.

And although not the same, I like Hiromi Uehara's music as well.

^ so catchy to me

That RTF album is classic! One of the first ECM albums too.
Quote:

Thanks...we got 
smiley_thumb.gif
 your back as well!

hhaha :)

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #2,474 of 5,854
Quote:
Oh I'm glad people are using it!  :) Maybe I should add a few more that I've used since posting the initial review, hmm..

I would appreciate it (it saves me time :) )

Jan 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM Post #2,475 of 5,854
Quote:

Don't want to sound like a smart ass but I got this when it first came out. And yes it is brilliant. Good call!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back