Batteries for RSA Tomahawk
Jul 18, 2008 at 4:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

FrederikS|TPU

1000+ Head-Fier
There are so many different types of batteries out there and I have very little experience with the different types. What I am looking for is a pair of AAA batteries that will make the Tomahawk perform its best. It would be perfect if I could get over 10 hours of play time with it powering a pair of IEMs if that is possible.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Thought it used AA batteries :p thanks for correcting it robojack.

Cheers,
Frederik

Jul 18, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #2 of 19
First off, the Tomahawk uses 2 AAA batteries. Secondly, if you use akaline batteries, you should get about 300 hours of battery life off of them (slightly more with IEMs), so you're definitely getting a LOT more than just 10 hours.

Jul 18, 2008 at 4:16 PM Post #3 of 19
Oh it is that efficient 300 hours seem like a lot.

It has just been shipped from another head-fier so that is why I didn't know if used AAA batteries :p

If it uses AAA I am going to have to buy a new charger
recommendations are welcome.

Jul 18, 2008 at 4:38 PM Post #6 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Aimless1 on a little side note how is the D2 + Tomahawk as a setup because that is what I will be getting soon (sometime next week).

It's a great combination, really helps to expand the soundstage and increase that bass punch dramatically (when fully burned in). I also have a Tomahawk, and even though I've upgraded to a Predator since, I'm still very hesitant to sell the Tomahawk off.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:13 PM Post #7 of 19
Don't worry Frederik, the TOMAHAWK comes with batteries, they are ETERNAL...
cool.gif

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:25 PM Post #10 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aimless1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any good alkaline battery will do.

x2

Just pick up a pair of alkaline batteries in your local store. In the end there should be no audible difference between them, as long as they deliver the rated voltage.
I used Duracell in mine and had no problems at all.

Jul 18, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #12 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How long will it last on a pair of normal batteries with your UM2s?

I had a Tomahawk and UM2 some 1 1/2 year back.
Remember that the Tomahawk were running into its 4th month on the same pair of batteries. Playing ~2 1/2 hour each day.
So close to 300 hours on a pair..

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #13 of 19
Hi,

general question:

is it possible to use corda 2 move with an rechargeable battery ? Or i have to use only normal batteries?

greets

Jul 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had a Tomahawk and UM2 some 1 1/2 year back.
Remember that the Tomahawk were running into its 4th month on the same pair of batteries. Playing ~2 1/2 hour each day.
So close to 300 hours on a pair..

Wow.. that is insane :p

Jul 18, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #15 of 19
When I bought mine from Aluren I changed the batteries to Duracell Alkaline and got almost 400 hours from them with my Denon C700! I never had to change batteries before I sold it 6 months later, after my predator was burned in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back