bassy headphones for jpop and jrock under 100
Oct 17, 2014 at 4:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

ChaozMana

New Head-Fier
I really would like some punch to my jpop and jrock. please suggest to me a decent pair of headphones under $100 that will give me that punch that I want while not being too bassy to where the vocals become muddied. I own the Audio Technica ATH-M30Xs and it doesn't have enough bass with my headphone amp. I listen to a mix of Female and Male singers,  FripSide, ClariS, IOSYS jk Girls, Abingdon Boys School, LiSA, May'n, Ichiko, Yui, and Kobayashi Yuu. Thank you.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 8
What about the UE4000? The sound signature is quite warm to me - nice well extended bass, and recessed treble so poor recordings don't sound too harsh (i.e. certain Fripside songs). The mids don't feel recessed at all, which makes them a contender for this genre of music methinks. Weaknesses would probably be the lack of soundstage and detail, which I think are alright for sub-100 cans, but the mids are enough for me to ignore this. If you pair these with a source/amp with a boosted treble, they'll sound even better (and more "detailed").

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0094S360U

I use these as my everyday beaters, and I think they do the job well considering they're quite durable, have decent isolation and a detachable cable, as well as sounding adequate for JPop/Anisong (haven't really tried with JRock though!). I've compared them to some sub-200$ headphones (purely in terms of how they handle JPop) and actually preferred this one.

EDIT: I haven't heard the M30Xs so I don't know whether the UE4000 would have enough bass for you. Personally its plenty enough for me, but your mileage may vary.

Oct 18, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #6 of 8
Hi!

You could read about Takstar HD6000

Best Luck!

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #8 of 8
I know it's been a while but do you all have any other recommendations? I want the vocals to sound great while still giving me that bass that you want to be strong in some songs. Only my Railgun by FripSide is the perfect example I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back