Basshead
May 21, 2012 at 4:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

papaverhybridum

New Head-Fier
what IEM do you recommend to listen to groups like the panacea (many bass), wolfgang gartner, kaskede, surkin. or electropop 

I have seen these

Yamaha EPH-100SL

ATH-CKS77

Atrio MG7

hippo-vb

May 21, 2012 at 4:50 AM Post #2 of 3
Atrio or VB. I've owned both and I own EPH-100.

Atrio have big bass there's no doubt about it, they literally shake the house down deserving the name of bass king here on Head-fi however, Hippo VB do not fall much behind them, imo go lower in sub bass regions with better high end. VB are often over looked because people follow the trend of bass = Atrio, Take it from someone that's owned both. If it was me, knowing what I know now for bass? I would go the Hippo VB over Atrio, they're better build, better looking, better bang for your money and they have this raw sound that works well with most genres. Oh! Lets not forget those bass tuning ports VB are famous for. I put many more hours into VB than the Atrio because they're overall more fun to listen too. And the bass shakes ya balls. 
smile.gif

Moving on EPH-100 do not meet the same bass amounts as either above but overall sound is x10 better than both (again imo) If it's pure bass you want go the VB, if you want a smoother laid back sound that melts like hot chocolate go for the EPH-100.

May 21, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #3 of 3
I own both the CKS77 and the Atrio M5 w/MG7 driver.  I prefer the CKS77's.  I find the Atrio's a little sibilant on some songs, especially metal songs ( I think because most metal is poorly recorded ), but the CKS77 are easy to listen to.  They are more balanced in sound, the Atrio's have a V-shaped sound signature.  The bass in the CKS77 is incredible too.  At high volumes, without any EQing, I can feel a buzz in my ear canal, like the IEM is moving some serious air.  I can't take the volume for long, but it's a cool feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back