Basshead mod for HD650
May 15, 2007 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

dizzyorange

500+ Head-Fier
IMG_0021.jpg

RC in series across the load from L to ground, R to ground.

May 16, 2007 at 1:09 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by dizzyorange /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I figured this would only be relevant to a limited audience
basshead.gif

I think 650 has enough bass but for electronic music how can there be too much for the dedicated bass head.
biggrin.gif

I'm interested in that adapter. It seems like it'd be easy to make..and cheap too.

I do this the more expensive way.
basshead.gif

May 16, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #7 of 10
Alleyman you were right. I pulled out my Physics 102 textbook and read up. That RC network is indeed, theoretically, acting as a 1st order low-pass filter.

The thing is that, in practice, it sounds like nothing of the sort. The high frequencies are as present as much as before, and the best gauge of how much upper treble info there, the "air" around voices and instruments, is unchanged from without the mod.

It seems only the bass is enhanced, and it is done in a way in which there is not only more quantity, but more quality (quicker, edges are more defined, more slam).

May 16, 2007 at 1:36 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by GreatDane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think 650 has enough bass but for electronic music how can there be too much for the dedicated bass head.
biggrin.gif

exactly! dt770pro with +20dB ain't enough!
very_evil_smiley.gif

May 16, 2007 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 10
The cutoff should be 1/(2 * pi * 224 uF * 820 ohms) = 0.866 Hz (Hmm that is just too low :p). I cant make out what the cap is from the image so I'll take your word for it.

Btw I get 820 ohms, I'm reading gray - red - brown - gold from the image. Are you sure about the color codes you are reading?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back