BassBost Circuit?
Jun 15, 2005 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Mod_Evil

100+ Head-Fier
Hi friends, I'm a brazilian boy. I need a BassBost circuit to use in my amplifier... Could somebody post the schematics for me?

Thanks for your attention.

Jun 16, 2005 at 12:14 AM Post #5 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
Wha? Audio line?

Yeah! by "audio line" i've meant the audio input, before any amplification stages

Jun 16, 2005 at 12:21 AM Post #6 of 23
wouldnt that lead to distortion though? your boosting the bass then amplifing it, sounds like trouble
eek.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 12:27 AM Post #7 of 23
you're right, i should boost it after amplifying! could this little circuit be used like that?

Jun 16, 2005 at 2:23 AM Post #9 of 23
bass boost is a part of the feedback loop on most amplifyers. the gain at low frequency is higher than at higher frequencys...

how would you do it with the "bits" outside of the feedback loop? everything i can think of is grosley "unclean" with regards to disturbingly large phase shifts. maybee i just lack vision.

Jun 16, 2005 at 2:34 AM Post #10 of 23
ive never done it myself but if you care to eloborate a little im sure it will do us both good.

ive looked at the schematic a few times and i guess i understood it wrong ( i thought it was on the output... guess not)

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:23 AM Post #13 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod
the pimeta dosnt have this circuitry.

you can add it on a chunk of perf-board if you like. but it is not on the pimeta board.

orphsmile.gif

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #14 of 23
lol i never ment that it was in the circuit only that it could be implemented.

i didnt feel like searching for the amp that used it (PPA) i just knew that the PIMETA's could, therfore a quick search (OMG! Not that!) of "Pimeta +Bass boost" would bring up the schematic he was looking for.

sorry for the confusion

Jun 16, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #15 of 23
If you want a "bass boost" without adding an amplifier, what you actually want is a treble cut filter, because you can only attenuate signals with passive components. This has serious practical problems, but if you do a search on treble cut, you'll find my critique of a two-component filter (inductor and resistor, as I recall) that someone posted. I don't recommend it, but if you insist on doing it without an amp, you've got to go with something like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back