BASS!
Jul 24, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #16 of 23
This is definitely Portapro territory. PX100 will also give you enough bass plus look better than the Portapros, but I feel that they don't sound fun enough for the genres OP listens to (they're bit too laid back for those).

For IEM's Marshmallows are definitely a good choice.

Jul 25, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #17 of 23
+1 for the Koss PortaPros.

Jul 25, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePandemonium /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Koss Portapro is a good choice, but I would say check out the Sennheiser HD202. I had these for a little bit and they could totally crank out some killer bass. The only problem is that they have a 15 foot cable hahah...

NOOOO.

please don't.
There are a lot of better options. I greatly preferred the RX700s, portapros, and px100s. The bass was really big and bloated and not tight at all.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:03 AM Post #20 of 23
Not sure how much the AKG K81/K518 (same headphones, just different colours and model numbers) goes there, but judging by how it's priced here you may find one at $50. It's portable, has fair isolation to outside sound, and the bass is rather ridiculous.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:06 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure how much the AKG K81/K518 (same headphones, just different colours and model numbers) goes there, but judging by how it's priced here you may find one at $50. It's portable, has fair isolation to outside sound, and the bass is rather ridiculous.

I believe it's $49.99 on Amazon with FSS. Back in the FOTM days people went crazy for the bass on them..

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:10 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe it's $49.99 on Amazon with FSS. Back in the FOTM days people went crazy for the bass on them..

It does have impact, but is mostly boom and eats into the rest of the sound un-EQed/un-modded. For stupid bass it's probably one of the better options at that price from comparisons I read. Personally I always use the bass reducer EQ on my iPod... that actually makes it somewhat punchy.

Jul 25, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #23 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulb09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It does have impact, but is mostly boom and eats into the rest of the sound un-EQed/un-modded. For stupid bass it's probably one of the better options at that price from comparisons I read. Personally I always use the bass reducer EQ on my iPod... that actually makes it somewhat punchy.

Yeah people did all kinds of crazy recables and blu-tak mods to solve that problem, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back