Bass on the M-Audio AV40 with bass boost vs BX5a Deluxe
Mar 29, 2011 at 10:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

melie

100+ Head-Fier
Now my question is;
Which has more bass? The BX5a or the AV-40's with the BASS BOOST on?

I own the AV-40's and I'm wanting to upgrade my speakers for a long time. Now I've heart a lot of good things about the BX5a Deluxe in comparison to the AV-40 but also some contradicting stuff.
Some say the BX5a is better and has more power on all areas while I've also heart it's bass isn't powerfull enough to use without a sub.
I'm not really a basshead but without the bass boost on I find the AV-40's somewhat missing. With it on it's plenty of bass for my liking. So, how do the AV-40's with bass boost compare to the bass of the BX5a Deluxe? Which has more?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edit:: I know there is allready a thread like this one from a year ago or so. But only one person answered anything relevant on it.

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 7
I owned both. Though I think the BX5a can hit lower frequencies, I remember my AV40 producing slightly more bass output with bass boost. BX5a is definitely not the solution for extra bass. If you dont want to add a sub, the only 2.0 speakers I know that have relatively decent bass is the A5.

Apr 2, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #4 of 7

Quote:
I owned both. Though I think the BX5a can hit lower frequencies, I remember my AV40 producing slightly more bass output with bass boost. BX5a is definitely not the solution for extra bass. If you dont want to add a sub, the only 2.0 speakers I know that have relatively decent bass is the A5.

I'm not looking for extreme bass. The AV-40's with the boost on have a little to much (and sloppy) bass for my liking. A little less and more cleaned up is just what I'm looking for. So you would say the BX5a would deliver that?

Apr 3, 2011 at 11:52 PM Post #5 of 7

I'm not looking for extreme bass. The AV-40's with the boost on have a little to much (and sloppy) bass for my liking. A little less and more cleaned up is just what I'm looking for. So you would say the BX5a would deliver that?

I would say yes. I owned both the AV40 and the BX5. I thought the BX5 improved on EVERYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back