Bass in the Er6 Vs Er4 series in portable players
Jun 2, 2002 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

nezz18

New Head-Fier
I am so close to buying a pair of er6's but im afraid i might regret not getting a set of er4's. my bigest prblem is obviously $$$$$$ I also heard the Er6 doesn't have the greatest bass. I was wondering if a set of Er4's would have great bass as well the good high's and mids.

Jun 2, 2002 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 3
I didn't AB them but when I auditioned the ER-6 I was very impressed with them thinking they sound more similar to the ER-4S than I'd have suspected. From my memory the 4S seemed every so slightly clearer and smoother but bass didn't come to mind. (Bass is pretty important to me so it seems like I'd have noticed if there was truth to this even though I didn't do a thorough audition.) If bass is critical to you and you'll not be using a headphone amp, you may consider the ER-4P. The 4P has slightly bumped bass and may compensate a little for the (utterly) lacking bass of some portable sources.

Jun 2, 2002 at 4:58 PM Post #3 of 3
I recently bought the ER6 and was pleased with its sound. That was three weeks ago. Now I'm returning the ER6 to Headroom in exchange for the ER4P with the new Etymotic adapter. I'm hooked. Now I want more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back