Bass heavy IEMs for Dubstep
Oct 20, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #16 of 30

Quote:
For the past 2 years I have been listening to Dubstep and Drum & Bass. I have owned a pair of Sony EX-500LP earphones for 6 months, but today they have broke so I am looking for a replacement. I was happy with my 500's after the burn-in period; In a quiet environment and "Bass Booster" EQ selected on my iPod they were heavy on the bass, whilst remaining balanced in the mids and highs. My friend owns the V-Moda Bass frequency earphones, I tried them out and they sounded identical to mine.

So, I am now in search of similar IEMs; heavy on the bass, but having a good balance of mids and highs that aren't recessed or hidden behind the bass. My budget is £50 maximum and this is for a pair of portable earphones, not headphones. They will be used in conjunction with an iPod Touch as the source, and I will use them on the bus to and from College, so noise isolation is quite important. I'd like to add that I live in the UK and I can purchase from sites such as Play and Amazon.

Any recommendations?

Help is much appreciated 
bigsmile_face.gif

This one is easy, upgrade to the Sony EX510, they've just been released so no reviews yet, from what I can tell they're the EX500's with a new life given to them, vented housing, nicer cables, more attractive design, etc.

If you want to be a pioneer into unknown audio waters, go for the EX600!!  A true gem in my eyes (Note: eyes).

Oct 24, 2010 at 10:46 AM Post #21 of 30
Sir, you really should get a pair of Monster Turbines if you like nice, clean Bass! These things slam as hard as an MMA fighter and sound REALLY good! The Bass on these things is an eye-opening experience, never heard anything so impactfull and clean, never muddy. You should be able to get a pair off of Ebay for a reasonable price. I also like the V-Moda Vibes for good Bass also. Neither the M9 or M6 have sufficient bass for what your looking for, and you will just be upset if you get either one of those. 

Oct 24, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #23 of 30

Quote:
Sir, you really should get a pair of Monster Turbines if you like nice, clean Bass! These things slam as hard as an MMA fighter and sound REALLY good! The Bass on these things is an eye-opening experience, never heard anything so impactfull and clean, never muddy. You should be able to get a pair off of Ebay for a reasonable price. I also like the V-Moda Vibes for good Bass also. Neither the M9 or M6 have sufficient bass for what your looking for, and you will just be upset if you get either one of those. 

The bass on the coppers and golds and ie8 sounds somewhat muddy when compaired to the bass on the Hje900 which has better timbre in that erea in my opinion. 

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:23 PM Post #25 of 30

Quote:
The bass on the coppers and golds and ie8 sounds somewhat muddy when compaired to the bass on the Hje900 which has better timbre in that erea in my opinion. 

When I look at the frequency graph of an IE8, copper or gold I shudder inside.

Bass quantity and quality are very different things, I haven't tried those units, just saying, FR graph looks scary (to me).

Oct 24, 2010 at 3:25 PM Post #26 of 30

Quote:
FA Eterna or SB, also Klipsch S4.  I love dubstep and listen to a lot of different electronic music and my favorite earphones for that genre are definitely my S4s.  

Hello Mr. mffl41, have you used FA eterna, FA Silver Bullet, FA DBA-02 and Klipsch S4?

Your comparisons will be most appreciated.

Oct 27, 2010 at 11:06 PM Post #28 of 30
Dubstep sounds great on my Brainwavz M2's. Cranking some right now.
ksc75smile.gif

Nov 26, 2010 at 8:27 PM Post #30 of 30
Thanks for all of the replies :D

Most of the earphones mentioned don't appear to be sold anywhere, I live in the UK BTW.

I'll try and have a look at all that have been suggested and try and make a decision soon.

Again, thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back