Bass heavy headphones for music and gaming
Dec 12, 2018 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Tyliewilie

New Head-Fier
Looking for some headphones with really strong bass. I'll be using them mostly for music and gaming. I mainly listen to hardstyle, trap, bounce and other EDM, so I want something with strong bass without drowning out the highs and mids too much. As for games I mainly just play single-player games, rarely FPS. I spend most of my time on my computer so comfortable headphones would be preferable. Max price 400$.
Also planning on getting an amp, so amp recommendations would also be appreciated.

Dec 12, 2018 at 9:42 PM Post #2 of 7
Open headphone, Soundmagic HP200 headphones.
Closed headphone, Soundmagic HP151 headphone.

Low cost DAC/amp suggestion, Creative Labs SB-Z (Sound Blaster Z) sound card.
Gives the option of SBX Headphone surround sound, while providing a fairly decent DAC/Head amp function.
Or a smaller external USB-DAC/amp, the FiiO Q1 MK II, Schiit Fulla 2 or new FiiO K3.

Dec 12, 2018 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 7
Modhouse Argon and a Schiit Magni 3....(mike drop)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #5 of 7
These Japanese headphones are our first choice when it comes to bass. JVC HA-SZ2000 play bass better than 99% of other headphones.

If you think yourself a “basshead” and haven’t yet tried these, you aren’t a real “basshead”.

These closed-back over-ear headphones are deemed as one of the best bass headphones by many headphone enthusiasts… and for a good reason

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:09 AM Post #6 of 7
You might look into:
Beyer DT770s
V-Moda M-100 w/ pad swap for added comfort
If you want bass and nothing else,the JVC SZ2000 as mentioned above
Also you can check out the Taction Kannons.
Here is my review of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back