BASS HEADPHONES!!! ON A BUDGET! NEED HELP!!
Jun 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jad5122

Head-Fier
Hey whats up guys. I just need help finding some bassy headphones. I listen to a lot of hip hop/rap and I watch a lot of movies. So, I have some requirements. I want these headphones to have great bass, I want comfort, somewhat portable (will be used at the gym), a detachable cable (not really a requirement but an added bonus) and they need to be around 100-150. They can be used or from amazon or ebay, wherever I can get a deal. I can get a pair of beats pro for 150 off ebay on a bid, so I want to know how those do, but I have available options with ultrasone hfi 580's and Audio technica ath pro700mk2's also if you have other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, hope I can get help!

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 8
V Moda Crossfade LP2, great rap headphone, and it won't look silly on your head.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #4 of 8
The PRO700 MK2 needs to be amped to get that big bass. Without an amp I was not impressed.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:
Really? I heard poweramp would do the trick.

I had the PRO700 MK2 twice and I listen to mostly rap and dubstep. Without an amp the bass was (for a basshead) weak and the overall sound was kinda muffled. 
I tried the HFi580 and the bass is entry level for basshead with harsh highs.

If you can get a legit beats pro for that price than it's a pretty good deal. My beats pro is still my go to headphone for hiphop. I wouldn't use them for other genre though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back