1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bass comparison to cheaper headphones?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cappuccino, Jul 2, 2011.
  1. Cappuccino
    Hey! Recently, I broke my 3rd pair of Sony MDR-V150's, so I set out to search for some higher end headphones. While researching I stumbled across this site and became a lot more educated in the world of hi-fi headphones. After 2 days of researching I decided to order the SR60i's.  Anyways, since I'm coming from a cheap but closed pair of cans, will the bass difference be that much? These will be my first pair of 'high-end' cans. I know the differences between open and closed headphones, but since they were cheap at  $15 , will there be that much of a difference? I mostly listen to rock and ska, along with a bit of punk rock and some metal. 

2. sidel
    The SR60is are not at all a bassy pair of cans,  but considering your genres and all the other differences that are going to hit you when you put them on and get some music pumping through them, I doubt you'll mind much.

3. Uncle Erik Contributor
    The Grados won't be anything like what you've been listening to.

You'll understand when they show up. Have fun. :)

4. MalVeauX
  5. Cappuccino
    Thank guys! Also, thanks MalVeauX, I'll get those after a while with the SR60's.