1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Bass cans?

1. ls13coco
    Im looking into preferably open-back, but ill also definitely consider closed-back cans that deliver amazing bass between 200-600 dollars. I absolutely do care about the rest of the range, comfort and imaging.
    The X2 has been what I am leaning towards so far, but I'm a junior head-fier for a reason.

2. serman005
    You should at least read about the JVC HA-SZ2000--closed. It has sort of been one of the bass kings around this site for awhile. If that is what you are looking for. People in your situation also look at the v-moda M100 for bass needs. The DT770 Pro is sort of v-shaped with somewhat recessed mids, prominent highs, and emphasized bass. That's a possibility. One other kind of  cool headphone you might read about is the Beyer COP, which has some kind of cool technology to allow you  to adjust the level of bass. Not for everyone, but some people like it. The Lola is also a very good option. You should be aware that if you are emphasizing bass, it will almost always be at the expense of something else--often the cleanliness of he lower mids. The X2 is a great choice.

ls13coco likes this.
  3. buke9
    You might also want to checkout the TH-xx0's very good bass and fun can.

ls13coco likes this.
  4. ls13coco
    Thanks guys! Time for some research of those headphones.

5. Monsterzero
    If you care about mids and highs dont bother with the SZ2000s...the bass is insane!Hands down the biggest bass going when amped/EQd/bass-boosted/pads swapped out,but the rest of the sound is awful!

Seems the happy medium around here for bass+the rest is TH-XX0.

The X2 has decent thump and the rest of the sound isnt too bad,but I wouldnt call them basshead cans at all.

DT770 is uber bright

VModa M100s have good slam to them

ls13coco likes this.