Bass cans?
Jan 7, 2017 at 10:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

ls13coco

100+ Head-Fier
Im looking into preferably open-back, but ill also definitely consider closed-back cans that deliver amazing bass between 200-600 dollars. I absolutely do care about the rest of the range, comfort and imaging.
The X2 has been what I am leaning towards so far, but I'm a junior head-fier for a reason.

Jan 8, 2017 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 11
Im looking into preferably open-back, but ill also definitely consider closed-back cans that deliver amazing bass between 200-600 dollars. I absolutely do care about the rest of the range, comfort and imaging.
The X2 has been what I am leaning towards so far, but I'm a junior head-fier for a reason.

Check the Audioquest Nighthawk

Jan 8, 2017 at 3:49 AM Post #6 of 11
Jan 8, 2017 at 4:43 AM Post #8 of 11
Jan 8, 2017 at 6:57 AM Post #9 of 11
In the real wotld it lacks bass impact. Very balanced HP.

In the real world it's a very warm headphone, borderline too dark.
I wouldn't say it's very balanced.

It really depends on what you're looking for in your bass.
If you want 80Hz to sound 10dB over 400Hz like on TH900 the AQ NH won't do that, but if you want very flat and extended bass which has little to no distortion at all and it's definitely raised vs the rest of the spectrum, then the NH will work great.

The OP asked for 'amazing bass' that's not very descriptive really.
AQ NH has pretty uncoloured and undistorted bass that's highlighted in the presentationn due to the soft upper midrange and treble.

If amazing bass means as much mid-bass boost as possible, then I'm sure the NH is not a good pick at all.

Jan 8, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #10 of 11
In the real world it's a very warm headphone, borderline too dark.
I wouldn't say it's very balanced.

It really depends on what you're looking for in your bass.
If you want 80Hz to sound 10dB over 400Hz like on TH900 the AQ NH won't do that, but if you want very flat and extended bass which has little to no distortion at all and it's definitely raised vs the rest of the spectrum, then the NH will work great.

The OP asked for 'amazing bass' that's not very descriptive really.
AQ NH has pretty uncoloured and undistorted bass that's highlighted in the presentationn due to the soft upper midrange and treble.

If amazing bass means as much mid-bass boost as possible, then I'm sure the NH is not a good pick at all.
bass like TH900 and B&W P9.

Jan 8, 2017 at 11:10 AM Post #11 of 11
Another suggestion for the Fostex TH-X00, great headphone for the price. Has awesome low end, and respectable sound stage for a "closed" back. Technically they are semi open, which is why they have decent stage. I'm a basshead that still likes the rest of the frequency spectrum, and the TH-X00's are the best sounding headphones I have ever heard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back