Barclays Premier League
May 13, 2012 at 1:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

sridhar3

Headphoneus Supremus
Surprised to see there isn't a thread on this.  No football fans?

Anybody watch the Man. City v. QPR match?  Two Man. City goals in stoppage time.  Awesome match.

May 13, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 12
Funny how Man. U. won also, but their fans were pretty bummed out despite the win.

Anybody planning to watch Champion's League Finals?  Chelsea v. Bayern on 05/19.  Should be a great match.  Chelsea didn't do so great in Premier League (I think they placed 6th?), but they had to beat Barcelona in Champion's to clinch their finals spot, so maybe they have a good shot at winning.

May 13, 2012 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 12
I'll definitely be watching it. Hey but if Chelsea win the champions league they'll automatically qualify for next years tournament, it will suck for 4th place tottenham as they'll lose their spot. It will be an interesting final as well with so many players suspended.

May 15, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #6 of 12
Quote:
And don't forget Chelsea won the FA Cup!  Go Blues!

They still have a match against Bayern munich (uefa champions)

May 16, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

They still have a match against Bayern munich (uefa champions)

I know, and in Munich no less.  Should be a good match this Saturday (2pm EST/11am PST for those in the U.S.).  I just wonder how much the home pitch advantage is going to play.

They also came out with the England squad for the upcoming Euros.  Good number of Chelsea players in the squad, especially among the full backs.  Something for us to look forward to now the Premier League is over and soon the UEFA cup.

May 16, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Chelsea has a good shot at beating Bayern IMO.  Barcelona was definitely a contender, and Chelsea managed to beat them.

Chelsea had a great season. 2011-2012
Im probably going to the final against Bayern. 

May 17, 2012 at 7:42 PM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Chelsea had a great season. 2011-2012
Im probably going to the final against Bayern. 

Lucky bugger!!

Chelsea picked up a good head of steam towards the end of the season, but not enough to place them in the top for of the Premier table.   They'd better win on Saturday if they want to be in the UEFA cup next year.

Whatever happened to Barcelona at the end of their season?   Was (is) Real Madrid that good????

May 26, 2012 at 12:20 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
Chelsea wins!

It's taken me this long to come down from utter disbelief and elation!   Can you bloody believe it????  My goodness did Bayern squander a bucket-load of chances.

I really feel for Tottenham being eliminated now from next year's UEFA cup.  Really too bad.

Bring on the Euros.   Any predictions?   I think the Dutch have a real shot.  Can Spain repeat their World Cup win?  I'd suggest starting a Euros thread, but not sure there's that much interest.....but not as miniscule as for the rugby World Cup......let me see who won that......of course, ALL BLACKS!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back