Bantam BA1000- More Ipod Competition
Sep 25, 2002 at 1:11 PM Post #2 of 16
"competition".....loosely-defined.

let's see: a no-name company...a whole 2 gigs!...or 5 gigs for MORE than the iPod...what a way to compete.

who funds a company like this?

but thanks for the heads up RVD.

Sep 25, 2002 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 16
When I saw this, I reacted the same way Robster did. 2 gigs? Why not just get an MP3/CD player? But maybe the harddrive is easily upgradable.

As for cost, it is still a bit too much even considering it has recording features. Hopefully they will revise their prices before it goes to market.

Sep 25, 2002 at 2:26 PM Post #4 of 16
320K MP3 encoding? Holy ****!!!!!

Please, please let it be good for portable recording - then I can junk all my MD gear!!!! Yay!

smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 25, 2002 at 2:57 PM Post #6 of 16
sounds like an interesting product. fm tuner is a stupid idea though and why won't anybody make these players with a true lineout!!! AHH! also, i'd like to see a spec or two about the headphone amp..

at least this doesn't seem to require any stupid software for good computers (pc's
biggrin.gif
). i wonder if it functions like an external hard drive as well.

Sep 26, 2002 at 9:57 AM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Robster1958
"competition".....loosely-defined.

let's see: a no-name company...a whole 2 gigs!...or 5 gigs for MORE than the iPod...what a way to compete.

who funds a company like this?

but thanks for the heads up RVD.

What the hell are you talking about?? Bantam is one of the leading mp3 player manufacturers...

Sep 26, 2002 at 4:47 PM Post #9 of 16
What the hell are you talking about?? Bantam is one of the leading mp3 player manufacturers....

--------------------------------------

probably as "big" as Archos

Sep 26, 2002 at 7:56 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally posted by Robster1958
What the hell are you talking about?? Bantam is one of the leading mp3 player manufacturers....

--------------------------------------

probably as "big" as Archos

So what???

How big is headroom??

How big is meier-audio??

Not very big but we know that what they've done they've done well.

Sep 27, 2002 at 1:01 PM Post #12 of 16
BTW, what part gets scratched on the ipod -- the metal or plastic, or both? It seems as if the Bantum is all aluminum if that helps.

And I don't think Apple has any cause to sue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back