Bang & Olufsen U70 B50 Headphones
Jan 10, 2009 at 9:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jayzjayz

New Head-Fier
Does anyone know approximately, what the cost of these headphones were Brand new. Bang & Olufsen U70 B50 Headphones They were Mid to late 80's I think ?
Thanking you in advance
Jayz

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Isn't B&O extremely expensive and not as good as other less expensive brands?

Jan 10, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #5 of 6
About the U70, Peerless used unusually crappy pleather for the pads, so you will either have to be really lucky to find a NOS pair, or have to replace/repair the (then white) pads. (Although, it was not unusuall for Peerless to use crappy pleather, they apparently used it for all their (known) cans. ) According to people who have heard the U70 (not me) the rumor is that the bass is weak.

Dec 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 6

NOPE! Bass is NOT weak. Just realistic. Very similar to the much vaunted Yamaha HP-1's of the same vintage. These both were AKG killers in their day, and darn respectable now for Opera and Classical music. I own them both and STAX Lamda Pros as well as a few odd AKG pro. monitor phones.
Anybody remember the Jacklin Floats (electrostatics)? Or the superb Sonnus over ear sets?
Quote:
About the U70, Peerless used unusually crappy pleather for the pads, so you will either have to be really lucky to find a NOS pair, or have to replace/repair the (then white) pads. (Although, it was not unusuall for Peerless to use crappy pleather, they apparently used it for all their (known) cans. ) According to people who have heard the U70 (not me) the rumor is that the bass is weak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back