Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Feb 12, 2017 at 11:38 PM Post #1,578 of 2,875
Anyone know whether the Rapha Edition released in May 2015 is the 1st or 2nd generation?

My guess would be 1st but curious if anyone own this version and can help...

The Rapha Ear Pads (though a tad expensive) are extremely comfortable for long term listening sessions... they are made out of the same African Hair Sheep leather that Rapha uses for their racing gloves.

Feb 13, 2017 at 4:22 PM Post #1,579 of 2,875
Anyone know the difference between Gen1 and Gen2 H7? Never knew one existed until I saw the listing on Thomann.

Feb 14, 2017 at 8:18 AM Post #1,581 of 2,875
Feb 17, 2017 at 9:19 PM Post #1,583 of 2,875
@Bubblejuice You'd previously mentioned your H6 Gen 1 sounded tinny when connected to one of your amps. I had a similar issue, and I was ready to curse and cry foul at those who recommended the H6. The problem was the stock cable: it wasn't fully inserted, so the connection was bad. It's an issue that can happen both at the source jack and with the earcup connections. Assuming we both had the same problem, the solution would be to press firmly, even if the connections seem secure.

Best regards,
Brian

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:29 PM Post #1,584 of 2,875
Made the mistake of sleeping with these overnight. Ears hurt like hell for the next couple hours when I woke up. These get pretty uncomfortable after 2 hours but they are definitely not rated for more than that like my old brainwavz

Feb 17, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,585 of 2,875
@Bubblejuice
 You'd previously mentioned your H6 Gen 1 sounded tinny when connected to one of your amps. I had a similar issue, and I was ready to curse and cry foul at those who recommended the H6. The problem was the stock cable: it wasn't fully inserted, so the connection was bad. It's an issue that can happen both at the source jack and with the earcup connections. Assuming we both had the same problem, the solution would be to press firmly, even if the connections seem secure.

Best regards,
Brian

@bubblejuice I agree with @bcarr112281. The H6 has some really great cable connections; very sturdy. I too have replaced the original cable with a silver one. I have been loving the synergy with my Chord Mojo and CEntrance DACportable which has the AK4490 DAC. The H6 was the first headphone to make me realize that, at the time, I was a bass head. I had written off the H6 as being bass anemic. Now it has slightly too much bass for my tastes but is still one of my favorite closed headphones when the mood calls for it.

Feb 17, 2017 at 10:52 PM Post #1,586 of 2,875
  @Bubblejuice You'd previously mentioned your H6 Gen 1 sounded tinny when connected to one of your amps. I had a similar issue, and I was ready to curse and cry foul at those who recommended the H6. The problem was the stock cable: it wasn't fully inserted, so the connection was bad. It's an issue that can happen both at the source jack and with the earcup connections. Assuming we both had the same problem, the solution would be to press firmly, even if the connections seem secure.

Best regards,
Brian

Yeah, the Gen 1 also had issues with a custom cable I had, so that might be the issue. When not with my Amp the headphones would sound perfect.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:26 PM Post #1,587 of 2,875
Made the mistake of sleeping with these overnight. Ears hurt like hell for the next couple hours when I woke up. These get pretty uncomfortable after 2 hours but they are definitely not rated for more than that like my old brainwavz

Funny how our wearing/comfort experiences are so different... I have a small head and small ears and the B&O H6s are hands down the most comfortable headphones I have ever owned or demoed.  I wear them daily for periods of 4-6 hours straight and even longer e.g. long international flights 12-14 hours.  My Audeze LCD-2s were way too heavy and sweaty and I could only wear them for a short period of time, Grados and Senns always felt too clampy to me.

Feb 17, 2017 at 11:30 PM Post #1,588 of 2,875
@bubblejuice I agree with @bcarr112281. The H6 has some really great cable connections; very sturdy. I too have replaced the original cable with a silver one. I have been loving the synergy with my Chord Mojo and CEntrance DACportable which has the AK4490 DAC. The H6 was the first headphone to make me realize that, at the time, I was a bass head. I had written off the H6 as being bass anemic. Now it has slightly too much bass for my tastes but is still one of my favorite closed headphones when the mood calls for it.

I don't know why (poor quality or something to do with the mic/volume controller) but the OEM cable was horrid on mine... definitely improved sound and connection with the V-Moda replacement cable. 

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #1,589 of 2,875
I don't know why (poor quality or something to do with the mic/volume controller) but the OEM cable was horrid on mine... definitely improved sound and connection with the V-Moda replacement cable. 

Which VModa cable? The VModa M100 was my first real headphone. I have since purchased the XL Pads for it and the thicker coiled replacement cable. I never thought to try them out with the H6 due to the little protrusion at the base of the cable that locks it into place on he M100.

Feb 18, 2017 at 12:30 AM Post #1,590 of 2,875
Which VModa cable? The VModa M100 was my first real headphone. I have since purchased the XL Pads for it and the thicker coiled replacement cable. I never thought to try them out with the H6 due to the little protrusion at the base of the cable that locks it into place on he M100.

The V-Moda Extended Audio Only cable fits perfectly; I have the gray model.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back