Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H6 Discussion Thread
Aug 13, 2016 at 4:13 AM Post #1,261 of 2,875
By the way, I didn't quote your reply on intention.
wink.gif
it was by mistake that I replied it earlier that way. Now I recall someone else here reviewed the h6 to had a similar experience. He had mentioned that after some months it sounds life less. I feel the sound is changing to something non exciting on mine too. It's trying not to be influenced by it. By the way, I don't want anyone to try comparing the same way, I did. Me and my wife has the same H6 v1. Mine is the 5 month old one, and hers is from last month. So, I can clearly say, there exists some kind of burn in for good or bad, because I can easily say which one is new on a blind test !! And the BSB track is from her playlist. I don't listen to them much.
wink.gif

Is one or both earpads somewhat loose fitting? With the 2nd pair I got the bass was anemic and the sound was more congested, it turned out the left ear pad was loose fitting. I turned the pad clockwise and heard a 'click', that particular sound that indicates something is set in place and fits secure. From then the sound was identical to my 1st pair.

Aug 13, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #1,262 of 2,875
Holy crap. Now i always listened to the H6 2nd gen out of my iPhone but for the first time i plugged them into my DACport HD and BAM! Sound shot up to over 9000. That empty or hollowness i got from them is gone. All i hear is a full, balanced sound with some bass emphasis that doesn't cloud the crystal clear mids or highs. No matter how easy to drive a headphone may be, a good dac/amp cannot be ignored.

Now to look for a super slim amp/dac that i can plug into the lighting port...

Aug 15, 2016 at 3:18 AM Post #1,265 of 2,875
  What do i need to get in order to cnnect this to my schiit stack?

I had the same question a couple of pages back

You'll need an 1/8 inch to 1/4 Adapter that is proven to work with H6's four pole plug.
In the US this would be a Sennheiser universal adapter.
https://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Adapter-Authentic-Genuine-Universal/dp/B00L2SLLIO
In Europe you can get the Procab:
https://www.bax-shop.co.uk/headphone-adapter-plug/procab-clp206-adapter-jack-3-5mm-stereo-6-3mm-stereo

Aug 16, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #1,266 of 2,875
Is one or both earpads somewhat loose fitting? With the 2nd pair I got the bass was anemic and the sound was more congested, it turned out the left ear pad was loose fitting. I turned the pad clockwise and heard a 'click', that particular sound that indicates something is set in place and fits secure. From then the sound was identical to my 1st pair.
its not day and night in my case but due to usage the pads are now more flat. May be thats the reason.

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:04 AM Post #1,267 of 2,875
hi all

while looking for a pair of headphones, and after listening to a friend's Sennheiser Momentum and Grado SR325 (pity I'm not a fan of open ones :frowning2: ), plus B&W P7 in a shop (was about to buy those: mostly hold back for weight and "bulkiness") when I found this thread :)

so glad I did: I'm now enjoying a 2nd generation pair with an iPhone 6s and Chord Mojo
opted for 2nd generation as they were readily available and because of the various comments on 1st generation "lacking" in bass. well... I'd really like, now, listening to a 1st gen H6s pair as the ones I have... *almost* have too much bass! :0 (it actually is fine: *plenty of it*, deep, strong, detailed and perfectly controlled)

I listen to *everything* (but 99% of hip-hop :p ) with a stronger heartbeat, though, for classical (mostly renaissance and baroque)
these are great all rounders indeed! :)

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:18 AM Post #1,268 of 2,875
  hi all

while looking for a pair of headphones, and after listening to a friend's Sennheiser Momentum and Grado SR325 (pity I'm not a fan of open ones :frowning2: ), plus B&W P7 in a shop (was about to buy those: mostly hold back for weight and "bulkiness") when I found this thread :)

so glad I did: I'm now enjoying a 2nd generation pair with an iPhone 6s and Chord Mojo
opted for 2nd generation as they were readily available and because of the various comments on 1st generation "lacking" in bass. well... I'd really like, now, listening to a 1st gen H6s pair as the ones I have... *almost* have too much bass! :0 (it actually is fine: *plenty of it*, deep, strong, detailed and perfectly controlled)

I listen to *everything* (but 99% of hip-hop :p ) with a stronger heartbeat, though, for classical (mostly renaissance and baroque)
these are great all rounders indeed! :)

What's your thought when the H6 pairing with Chord Mojo? I am actually considering buying it, but cost of the Mojo is actually over my budget and as iPhone user, is pretty inconvenient to have so many cables the hook up the Mojo with iPhone, especially on the go...

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:33 AM Post #1,269 of 2,875

What's your thought when the H6 pairing with Chord Mojo? I am actually considering buying it, but cost of the Mojo is actually over my budget and as iPhone user, is pretty inconvenient to have so many cables the hook up the Mojo with iPhone, especially on the go...

only had these headphones a couple of hours ago and was listening through the Mojo
tried right now a direct connection to the iPhone and... actually all is there nonetheless, just "leaner" sounding (with uncompressed redbook files, iAudioGate as player on the phone)
Mojo, though, plays up to DSD-256 :p (which is not really worth it on the go, but 24-96 sounds just great :wink: )

I'm only using ear/headphones while on the go so after a few days nightmare with Apple CCK+Mojo's cable I ordered a very short custom one from Konstantin at Lavricable (eBay) :)
though this adds $100 to the whole thing :frowning2:

summing it up... no idea about 1st gen H6s, but these 2nd generation are fine also direct from iPhone (if you don't care about Hi-Res)

Aug 16, 2016 at 7:41 AM Post #1,270 of 2,875
Thanks. But I suppose you still have to use the Apple camera adapter while connecting to iphone right?

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:48 PM Post #1,272 of 2,875
MEZE 99 CLASSICS VS BEOPLAY H6 2ND GEN

Long story short, Meze 99s blow away the H6 v2 out of my iPhone. The difference is night and day.

Out of my $150 dac/amp however, the H6 is a noticeably is a little clearer, little more natural sounding and has better sub-bass extension than the Meze 99. The 99s sound basically the same as out of my iPhone while the H6 scales very nicely. This gap will probably widen if you use a better amp/dac like the Chord Mojo.

- My 99 cents

Aug 17, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #1,273 of 2,875
Aug 17, 2016 at 1:04 PM Post #1,274 of 2,875
  MEZE 99 CLASSICS VS BEOPLAY H6 2ND GEN

Long story short, Meze 99s blow away the H6 v2 out of my iPhone. The difference is night and day.

Out of my $150 dac/amp however, the H6 is a noticeably is a little clearer, little more natural sounding and has better sub-bass extension than the Meze 99. The 99s sound basically the same as out of my iPhone while the H6 scales very nicely. This gap will probably widen if you use a better amp/dac like the Chord Mojo.

- My 99 cents

Do agreed what you said. In fact I nearly bought a pair during the CanJam! But there are a few minor things I don't like about Meze 99 when compare to H6 though, first would be the ear cups are too small for my ears (according to Meze, there will be new ear pads releasing soon). Secondly, the headband seems a slightly too small for my head size. And as it doesn't collapse, so is slightly big to put inside the bag, but it does comes with a really nice case. 

Aug 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #1,275 of 2,875

Do agreed what you said. In fact I nearly bought a pair during the CanJam! But there are a few minor things I don't like about Meze 99 when compare to H6 though, first would be the ear cups are too small for my ears (according to Meze, there will be new ear pads releasing soon). Secondly, the headband seems a slightly too small for my head size. And as it doesn't collapse, so is slightly big to put inside the bag, but it does comes with a really nice case. 

Yeah..that's the other side of the story. The H6 form factor is a lot more manageable for using outside. I've also used the H6s for 3-4 hours without any comfort issues while the Meze do fit my head and ears but the outside of my ears are a little hot and irritated after 20-30 minutes. I'll have to test the 99s for long term comfort since I just got them an hour ago haha. I can't give up this sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back